Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

will

Adventurer
Lockable rear latches?

Does anyone know of any possible replacement for the rear latches with a lockable kind?

Something like this looks like a good alternative from Rampage Products.

View attachment 98302

Any other ideas or solutions offered by UMV or AT?

DingusKahn

Adventurer
I like those latches. Mostly the black finish. I noticed on the production #1 the shinney latches on the black top. Did not like. AT; please find black latches, lock or not.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Wow, I thought it was going to be in the mid 5's, not $7g! But I guess when you own the market you can do that. Very cool concept though, I had my wife sold on it at $5k so now its really going to cost me.

What type of build time do you guys expect once production is rolling, and how many preorders do you have?

It is really sad to hear that the habitat wont support a roof rack though, I always thought the flip pack wouldn't work simply due to the cab clearance when flipped open. I wonder how one could carry a kayak or canoe with the habitat. I would hate to drag a trailer around just to carry a couple kayaks....

The black latches look much better, and being able to lock the top would be nice for sure.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I saw the j30, also very cool, but the wife thinks it would be too cramped for us without a dedicated open to the "downstairs". I'd be very interested to climb around in both, side by side. The j30 hard top would be great in inclement weather, but the habitat clearly has the space advantage. It looks like the rear "shelf" in the habitat could easily accommodate a flush mounted sink/stove, and leave available space to run duct work for an espar heater upstairs, space to stand and crawl around etc. At the end of the day I think I'd rather have the habitat and forget about a kayak. Maybe a light weight boat could be strapped on top with foam blocks or something anyway.

kb7our

Explorer
Anyone else receive their Habitat since production #1? I noticed the J30 thread seems stagnant too. Getting a little concerned as another summer arrives.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I think with the prep work on the Expeditions & rigs, the pending Overland Expo and who knows what else the crew at Adventure Trailers, Nemo, and Ecamper are all too busy to chime in...
At least I hope that is the case. I have to say I have been impressed how calm and supportive all the people who put down deposits at the beginning have been, way better than I could be.
It would be really really cool to see these in person at the Overland Expo, I remember the Nemo one Mario brought to TacoDoc's event a few months ago, very cool setup that would have gotten me to buy a JK instead of my burb if it had been aval.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Wade trying to get specific information from us by posting up on a forum is a little hit or miss. Shoot us an e mail if you have questions and we'll answer as soon as we can, as always we'll let you know if the information is for general consumption or specifically for you.

The Habitat shell is at the painter.
The tent is on track for delivery
We are waiting on the torsion bar from the forge.

We are working our fingers to the bone keeping up with the orders for trailers, Habitats, and vehicle modifications. Good problems to have.

Ursa Minor

I hope we get some good news soon about production plus there are some questions stacking up.

- status: Yes, production has resumed using a small batch of torsion bars that came in.
- latches: great suggestion, we'll have a look at some other options, most available ones are either white, stainless or zinc. They come assembled, so powdercoating/painting them is challenging.
- NEMO tent/awning: that'll be a NEMO question

...pending Overland Expo and who knows what else...

We are just clocking out of the shop right now. Sounds like AT is in same mode - I must agree w/Martyn, if there's something specific when things are busy - email is best, or swing by our booth at the show.

cheers,
John

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Things are moving along. Habitat #004 is at the painter and will be picked up tomorrow. Habitats #005 & #006 will be ready to ship off to the painter this Friday. The first of a batch of NEMO tents have shipped to AT and are due Thursday. Here is a picture picture of composite parts in process, awaiting assembly and getting the finishing touches before going off to paint.....it's all coming together at long last.

Attachments

• DSC_0376.jpg
    DSC_0376.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 48

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great updates from all of you guys....I am sure it really helps those who have been waiting and for those thinking about a Habitat.

All the parts look top notch and it will be nice to see it again at the Expo

kb7our

Explorer
Things are moving along. Habitat #004 is at the painter and will be picked up tomorrow. Habitats #005 & #006 will be ready to ship off to the painter this Friday. The first of a batch of NEMO tents have shipped to AT and are due Thursday. Here is a picture picture of composite parts in process, awaiting assembly and getting the finishing touches before going off to paint.....it's all coming together at long last.

Nice to see! I expect my top may fall within the next batch of torsion bars so hopefully just a couple of months away from delivery. Did you guys identify a good paint match for matte factory black? I'm still leaning in that direction over the glossy for a better match to the AEV bumper paint scheme, with the cap matched to the JKU body. The black glossy just isn't doing it for me :).

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
To help back these guys up a bit. It takes a serious effort to get any product to market. I can empathize completely with what Martyn and crew are dealing with.

Martyn...keep up the great work. You guys have proven your worth and offer fantastic knowledge and products. Looking forward to seeing this product on a JK soon.

Cheers,
Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles