Partner Stoves?

tacolex

Observer
They sell an adaptor to run the 1 lb tanks. I think they are called steak savers and run about 20 bux. Yeah those are the adapters

tacolex

Observer
Had an awesome time paintballing and camping broke in the cook partner with a whole Costco pack of bacon ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344021985.450830.jpg

Frisman

Observer
Thanks for all the great input on this thread. I'm in the process of getting my first partner steel stove. I e-mailed Bill and He got back to me with some numbers. Thinking about the new 2 burner 22" stove. My snow peak bbq box is on the way, should get it Monday. :victory:
Frisman

New Partner Steel Retailer

Where is the best place to purchase "Partner" steel stoves? My current broken down Brunton has cooked it's last meal I'm afraid.
Hey guys I was reading through your posts and thought I would let you know that Element Outfitters now carrying Partner Steel Products.
Partner Steel Camping products are made here in the same town that our store and website are. (Pocatello, ID). We will be carrying the full line of their products. Since we are in the same town we can do special requests as well. In the next day or two we will have almost all the products they make online. I am not trying to sell anyone anything. I am just letting you guys know that we are another place you can get these products.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Does the food taste better cooked on a Partner stove vs a Coleman?
nope :)

I have two coleman stoves and one partner ya want to buy two coleman for cheap :)

but could not do this with the coleman the partner was made to fit inside the IGT :)

5_13_06.jpg

Looking down with the top on my idea here is if I am not using the stove I still want to be able to use the top ! this way with the aluminum top I can put hot pans and such on it from the grill etc...
PS_IGT-5.jpg

looking down with the top off
PS_IGT-2.jpg

looking down with the cutting board on like the top but this time if I am not using it rather than taking it out storing it I wanted to be able to have the aluminum top or the cutting board in place :) which I have to say I am pretty happy how it has turned out !
PS_IGT-6.jpg

looking down with the cutting board slid back so you can see the edge of the IGT still catches the board and covers the stove so the cutting board does not slide off the IGT !
PS_IGT-7.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Does the food taste better cooked on a Partner stove vs a Coleman?

I would say yes. Two things I always cook when on multi day trips are real blueberry or at least banana pancakes and thin cut steaks. The pancakes come out perfect and the steaks to perfection. The burner is just right and the flame is highly adjustable. It's a very even temp would be the best way to describe but I generally do not cook. I eat fruit, food bars, nuts or stuff I can scarf so for me the partners better performance helps a lot when I do. It's like buying a 12v fridge.....you do without for years and then you say why did I wait so long. Buy both because life is short and both of these add a great quality too it.

Honu

lost on the mainland
stump I think the points of build quality are key with the partner steel :) one of those things you can say all you want but its about the experience and feel and build quality etc..

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
The burner is just right and the flame is highly adjustable. It's a very even temp would be the best way to describe but I generally do not cook.

I agree and I disagree. The knobs on my Partner stove are pretty sticky, making precise adjustments difficult. Also, the lack of simple indicator markings on the unit make it difficult to know where the lowest setting is (before the flame goes out) or to use consistent settings each time.

takesiteasy

Adventurer
I agree and I disagree. The knobs on my Partner stove are pretty sticky, making precise adjustments difficult.

We love our Partner stove but I agree with this. Does anyone know if there is a way to lubricate the valve? It feels like it just needs some lube. Otherwise the stove works like a charm, reliable as can be.

Honu

lost on the mainland
cant ya lube the o-rings with some food grade silicone ? that might be a issue to help it get smoother ?
mine is still smooth :)

I prefer the recessed knobs to ones with markings myself and I never trust markings I tend to look and listen to get the flame

I think all portable stove knobs kinda bite ! even my larger at home camp chef is not the most accurate ?
never had a portable I thought was perfect ;) would be nice to put some really good knobs and control on like you would have in a home setup :)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
The o-ring at the needle valve can be lubed...either need to fab a spanner or buy one from PS. Helps for a while...using griddles accentuates the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles