My New '85 4Runner

ab1985

Explorer
Picked her up for $1 on Sunday morning:

2011-04-17_16-51-36_627.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
If you google "matchbox toyota 4runner" an amazon link should come up. I found them local at a place called Meijers.

Toyotero

Explorer
Very cool, I had no idea that they made these...

Apparently yours is the 2009 model, there is also a new 2011 model (matchbox model, not Toyota model).

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Matchbox-Outdoor-Sportsman-Toyota-4Runner/dp/B004TXT050/ref=pd_sbs_t_1"]Amazon.com: Matchbox 2011 Outdoor Sportsman 74 of 100 Toyota 4Runner (Tan/Black): Toys & Games[/ame]

Thanks for sharing, now I know what to put in my Xmas wish list :-D

Last edited:

ab1985

Explorer
These were on clearance, and I bet the new ones have a better interior. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
:drool: Oh that is TOO COOL... Thanks for the heads up on these, I didn't know they even existed and now I MUST HAVE ONE!!!! So cool.

Cheers

Dave

dro805

Observer
i got a fj40 at walmart, i was looking up the 4runners on ebay for like 15 dollars, but are they in stores now or are they older ones?

selk78

i just got them last month, oh ya i bought two! dont get them off ebay, $15.00 is way too much, i paid $1.00 for each one!

Toyotero

Explorer
I picked up two of these last weekend at a Walmart (not my photo).... $0.78 each.

Toyota-4Runner-Vanilli.jpg

BTW, have y'all seen the 'props' they give it on the back of the package? :-D

IMG_8713.jpg

I'm keeping my eyes open for one of those blue ones... and one of these!

Matchbox-Toyota-4Runner-(Red).jpg

That makes me miss my old '88 SR5 4R :-D

The best thing about these was the look in my wife's face when I put them in the shopping backet :rolleyes:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Very gratifying to see that I'm not the only one who looks for these things! Now if only I could find a matchbox version of a 3rd gen! Anybody know of one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles