1993 Dodge Ram Cummins W250 - should I buy this?

addicted56

Adventurer
I'm going to have to disagree. Look at the other two trucks posted that were in OK. Take a look around the country. Looks like you can spend an additional 500 to 1500 and get twice the truck. In the end is will cost you a lot less. While you are at it find one that has the AC that you want. Betting you can find one in the same price range. Maybe not but. But if it was me I would hold out. I've purchased to many of those "good deals" and ended up spending way more time and money to make it remotely a good deal anymore.

Hokie

Observer
So just to make us all dream and lust a little...

So this '93 Cummins is still sitting in the guy's yard, untouched since my dad looked at it months ago. I am still debating on buying it and have been keeping an eye out for a nice truck with a bad motor that would make for a nice body or motor swap.

So the other day I am playing on Craigslist and find a mid-80's Dodge Crew Cab and I almost wet myself. It was rough but I don't think it had any major rust issues but it needed a bed and the cab needed everything but it certainly got the "what-if's" rolling about what a kick butt ride that 84/93 crew cab diesel would be. Then reality sat in and all the small details like money, lack of garage space, tools and talent kicked in. Oh well...

JB-weld

If its been sitting for a while, maybe you can talk him down closer to 2000. I would try to get it for less because its an auto w/out AC. Great trucks. I've owned 2 of them, and regret selling the first one. Check out 1stGen.org for lots of good stuff on these rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles