New Skin for 2005 Eagle / Starting Point and Project

TheRedDawn

Observer
I posted a question regarding a re-skin of my camper and was asked to post some starting point pics.

I'm still looking into materials but wanted to share where I'm at, (which is basically the research phase).

I also put on a new roof, the new 1 piece for FWC. I'll post up these pics if I ever find the cord to my GF's camera. I'll be sticking with my iPhone for this project.

All around, lots of dents and dings mostly along the passenger side. When I replaced the roof, i had to brace a few broken and poorly re-enforced support bars that ran front to back. I'm a little nervous about what I might find under the skin. Not sure what is going on around the front passenger side jack and why the angle iron piece is/might be needed.

Here's the pics:

Attachments

• Back Left Jack.jpg
    Back Left Jack.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Back Right Jack.jpg
    Back Right Jack.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 33
  • Front Right Floor.jpg
    Front Right Floor.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Front Right Jack.jpg
    Front Right Jack.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Front Window 1.jpg
    Front Window 1.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Passenger side cabover.jpg
    Passenger side cabover.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Side Window 2.jpg
    Side Window 2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 33
  • Vents.jpg
    Vents.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 34

pods8

Explorer
Any idea where the big dent in the frame above the window came from?

That floor pack is weathered, will a recoat work on it or does it need replacement? If you just need to recoat it home depot sells a one part polyurethane floor and porch paint in grey that coats rather well and matches the original color pretty well (might be by glidden?). I sanded and recoated the bottom of my hawk with 3 coats of it when I got it.

TheRedDawn

Observer
Any idea where the big dent in the frame above the window came from?

That floor pack is weathered, will a recoat work on it or does it need replacement? If you just need to recoat it home depot sells a one part polyurethane floor and porch paint in grey that coats rather well and matches the original color pretty well (might be by glidden?). I sanded and recoated the bottom of my hawk with 3 coats of it when I got it.

No idea where the damage came from. I'm guessing it was the same incident that caused the roof damage.
Pic 1: What I found once I removed the roof.
Pic 2: a close up of a previous owners repair work
Pic 3: My solution. I carry 2 rocket boxes up top for work so I figured I might was well balance the roof out and add some strength. I don't have a construction background or any real knowledge of building materials, etc.

I'll be putting together a complete document of my roof replacement, (hopefully later this week).

Regarding the floor pack: not sure. I was hoping to get away with some sanding and painting...

Attachments

• Roof Starting Point small.jpg
    Roof Starting Point small.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Roof Starting Point Close Up small.jpg
    Roof Starting Point Close Up small.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Roof with braces complete small.jpg
    Roof with braces complete small.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 45
No idea where the damage came from. I'm guessing it was the same incident that caused the roof damage.
Pic 1: What I found once I removed the roof.
Pic 2: a close up of a previous owners repair work
Pic 3: My solution. I carry 2 rocket boxes up top for work so I figured I might was well balance the roof out and add some strength. I don't have a construction background or any real knowledge of building materials, etc.

I'll be putting together a complete document of my roof replacement, (hopefully later this week).

Regarding the floor pack: not sure. I was hoping to get away with some sanding and painting...

What kind of camper is that in the background to the right, in the first picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles