Leveling your trailer

rk_az

Adventurer
Combination of the tongue jack (if the trailer is unhitched from the truck), wheel chocks, and a Wayne's stabilizer under the rear bumber. Low tech, just the way I like it...

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Lynx-00015-10-Leveler/dp/B0028PJ10K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303425173&sr=8-2"]Blocks[/ame].

and if I'm disconnecting, I also use their [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lynx-00018-2PK-Stopn-Chock-Leveler/dp/B000UODGIY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1303425173&sr=8-6"]chocks [/ame]that integrate with their blocks for a solid wheel chock.

Those blocks are also good for keeping a tongue jack from sinking in the sand.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I'll use the tongue jack if the front needs adjustment. For minor side to side adjustments on my Horizon I'll let a little air out of the airbag on one side or the other. I carry a CO2 tank in the back of my FJ, so it's easy enough to pump the airbag up the next morning.

We carry dimensional lumber for firewood - we buy it conveniently packaged in boxes at a local pallet/shipping container company. I've been known to grab a short length of 2x6 from my firewood stash and put one side or the other of the trailer up on a piece of wood.

Perhaps it's the obsessive engineer in me, but I do carry a short level in one of the side boxes in my Horizon.

Casper

Adventurer
Adjust the air springs accordingly and go to bed. :wings: One of the many positive things about the TASS that is on AT trailers. :victory:

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
3 Drop foot Jacks

1 located at the tongue, and one locks in the end of each side of the rear bumper, secured by a pin.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Tongue jack and two highlifts

BLT Offroad trailer

decal2.JPG
IMGP0178.JPG

rubberduck

Observer
Not sure where I saw it, but I nabbed an idea and changed it a little. It does have feet. Just had not made them in that pic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303682994.376484.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303682994.376484.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 44

Trail100

Observer
I have a setup similar to ^ that one but it moves front to back too much so I'm going to switch to these:

http://tweetys.com/19cseriesjacks.aspx

They raise and lower by turning the threaded rod on the end of the frame. Going to run one on each rear corner, coming out at an 45* angle.

Last edited:

BigDaveZJ

Adventurer
I've got a 1500lb tongue jack at each corner of the trailer box. Pull the pin and rotate them 180* up out of the way during travel.

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
Thanks to everyones imput, I purchased a set of Wayne's stailizers today and it seems to stabilize fairly well.

Not being a fan of air shocks for my MB-T(or anything else), I think they might fit the bill this time. I run a York onboard system, so air is ready and available.

I will run two air shocks with seperate valves so I can adjust the height between the left and right and the tounge jack for the front, then engage the stabilized to finish the job.

Should work the same as the air bag setup. When I'm ready to packup in the morniing, just let the air out of them and I'm good to hit the road.

w6jds

F5driver

Adventurer
Air bags, tounge jack. On my last trip I couldn't get the front low enough so I dug a hole and droped the front end to level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94