vintage expedition vehicles

wannaby

Adventurer
Just thought id start a thread titled vintage expedition vehicle and post up a pick of my junker that would make a nice one ....too bad I dont have the talent,bucks,room to build it can only dream about it..... mayby with a poptop even a slider out the side....any others out there Den.

Attachments

• 49 gmc.jpg
    49 gmc.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 329

RR1

Explorer
man, i would love to have that old panel !!!!!

I drive past this one often.

BeforeWrap.jpg

CompletedWrap.jpg

I wouldn't give for a time machine to go on Wally Byam's Airstream African tour.

dodge_africa_4.jpg

4xdog

Explorer
These have been in my stamps folder since they were issued in 1992... I've used all the other ones, but can't seem to stick these on bills. I've always liked the artwork and the imagery. The construction of the Alaska Highway in 1942 was a serious expedition!

Don

i-bmg4JCB-XL.jpg

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Thanks for sharing that Don. Now begins my search for a poster sized version for my office wall. Very cool!

Might wanna check your date stamps. You are responding to a 9 1/2 year old thread to a member who hasn't been on the board in more than 3 years.

View attachment 653984

Thanks Martin! I should have explained better that I'd already looked over the OP and didn't expect to get any blood from that stone so I thought I'd ask the hive. I'm headed to the same part of the world soon with a startingly similar vehicle setup and wanted to learn a bit if I could. Not a zombie in sight; I promise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior