Am I crazy for wanting a trooper ??

UHAULER

Explorer
I've wanted a first gen. Trooper for years, I almost bought a clean 1990 a few years ago but talked myself out of it. I've been looking off and on for a few months now and I found what appears to be a clean original owner 1990 2.6 / 5 speed with 200k and a blown head gasket. I'm going to try and look at it tomorrow.

zukrider

Explorer
ish. depends on what you want to compare with. i personally think the montero is a better vehicle myself. but, i also thought that uhauler was an excellent platform!

good luck

S

Squatchout

Of course you're crazy! You'll fit right in. Most Zoo heads ARE crazy according to everybody else. Check close for rust INSIDE the frame. If that checks out everything else can be fixed rather cheaply. Simple, reliable, amazing vehicles.

Last Thursday I towed my bass boat 9 hours to NC with mine. Set up camp with some zoo heads and camped, boated, fished and wheeled for the weekend. Saturaday during all the storms we were wheeling in a mud slide on the side of a mountain picking up trail trash. Sunday I was back in the truck on the interstate for a 10 hr drive with boat in tow listening to tunes on the stereo. Great trucks.

Did I say crazy. Mine 3 years and 30k miles ago.
P8190023Small.jpg

Picture013Small.jpg

Of course all these folks are crazy too!
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=51148&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

UHAULER

Explorer
Squatchout, yours is one of my favorite Troopers.

6 months ago I bought my dream truck, an 02 f350 short bed ex. cab 4x4 with a 7.3 diesel but I still want an early trooper, there is something about the utilitarian box that is classic.

I just want it for running around when I don't want to fire up the f350 and I'm sure it would get better fuel milage.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
There is one on craigs list, springfield, mo. As I recall, it needs transmission work or engine....seems they don't know. Nice looking 93 for $500.

UHAULER

Explorer
I just got back from a 300 mile round trip and came back without the trooper. The seller misrepresented it, immaculate interior= poor/fair, excellent exterior and paint=average with some rust around the windshield patched with silicone. The engine compartment was all grungy. I guess its my fault for getting over exited and not getting more detailed pictures. My wife is putting me on restriction, no more wild goose chases.:coffeedrink:

chasespeed

Explorer
Hey, I miss my Trooper... and Rodeo... they were good to me.

Anyway... there are troopers out there.... good luck with what you want...

Chase

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I am not a trooper fan but my brother in-law from florida likes his. He has worked and worked to try to keep it on the road but after his last fiasco... stuck it in a ditch for a night did this thing NO good.
DSCN4778.jpg

martini.ss

I dearly loved my old white brick of a 91. Under powered yes, but it kept me out of trouble. I'd love to pick up another as well. Newer though. One of the 94-96 vintage. That should take care of the power issue me thinks. It really is just a wonderful utilitarian agile box. One day, and hopefully soon, i'll have another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles