Brand New NATO Jerry Cans for sale

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like someone found the easy way around the CARB and Child Safety Nozzles for Jerry Cans. Just have the manufacturer stamp NOT FOR FUEL on the side of it.

Deutscheoptik is selling brand new OD NATO cans with the nice Lawyer Stamp of NOT FOR FUEL on them. If that does not bother you then you have a source for new cans. I knew this was going to happen sooner than later. I bet these are still made by Wavian but with the a new stamp.

http://www.deutscheoptik.com/product_info.php?products_id=2162

IMAGE:
KJC20.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
From the first day they announced CARB cans and then the Child Proof nozzles, I thought, hmm....it would be so easy to just put a label on the current cans that say "NOT FOR FUEL". It's not the resellers or manufacturers fault if someone uses their product in a manner other than described (although I'm sure an eager lawyer would argue otherwise).

Now I'm sure we could turn this thread into a "what happens" conversation when carrying fuel in a non DOT can? Can you be sited? What would happen in an accident if someone got hurt because of the can or the fuel in the can....etc. If this thread turns that direction, we will just start a thread specifically discussing that. But....I think there is one or several like that already.

Last edited:

r_w

Adventurer
That is how many were selling the remaining surplus cans--as oil cans--after the DOT/CARB nonsense.

CARB cans are downright dangerous.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
pretty cool stamp.

good idea to be able to get these into people's hands.

like a bullet button for jerry cans.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Just got confirmation from them that they will indeed ship this to California without reservation.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Has anyone here actually purchased from these guys yet?

Looks like they are in Yerington, NV. As luck would have it, I will be traveling through there in a few weeks. Id love to stop in to pick up a few items, and save on the shipping.

I tried finding them using google streets, but I cannot seem to find a store front. I wonder if it is only wed based.

Ill have to call them...

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Many people on the forum bought from these guys when they had pre ban cans and the ultra large mouth versions. I'd say you are safe to buy from them.

jrose609

Explorer
Has anyone here actually purchased from these guys yet?

Looks like they are in Yerington, NV. As luck would have it, I will be traveling through there in a few weeks. Id love to stop in to pick up a few items, and save on the shipping.

I tried finding them using google streets, but I cannot seem to find a store front. I wonder if it is only wed based.

Ill have to call them...
I bought four of these cans from them. Quick ship, packed well, and I had free shipping by buying four. I'd buy again from them.

Mad Max

Do they leak much? For the price of fuel these days we can't afford to let it pour down our bumpers like the past!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
My NATO cans don't leak a bit even when on their sides. I have carried NATO cans fuel inside the vehicle and there is no smell.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94