Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian UNIMOG Camper construction

This link should be helpful. Look carefully and you will find "sheets' for Unimog gearboxes and axles, also for whichever motor one has (300 series in your case).
    http://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevoli...&language_id=1
    Simple advice (not cheap but the best):
    gearbox Castrol Syntrans
    Axles/portals Mobil Delvac Synthetic Gear Oil 75W90
    Motor: a 228.3 or 228.5 oil

Charlie
    Unimog U500 with Unicat camper; diesel BMW X5 35d, diesel BJ40 Landcruiser and diesel M37

Hi Charlie,

thanks for your response. did you know the difference between 228.3 and 228.5 oils? for me it's not so clear!
    Simone

For the motor on a 1300 a 228.3 oil should be sufficient. 228.5s are synthetic more or less and meet more stringent test requirements.
    A 300 series motor (yours) can actually use a 228.1 oil, as can my 906 since it is only Euro III.
    More specifically, 228.1 meets the old ACEA E2, 228.3 meets old ACEA E3 and 228.5 meets current ACEA E4, all with some additional MB tests. SOME but not all 228.3s also meet current ACEA E7, with some additional tests.

Charlie
    Unimog U500 with Unicat camper; diesel BMW X5 35d, diesel BJ40 Landcruiser and diesel M37

Hi all,

after many days of job, finally I have tested my unimog in Morocco.

The camper is not finished, I have to work on the interior and also on the cabin, but now it's working

Driving the truck on the desert after one year of work it was really nice, and all works correctly

Now I have to work on the cabin, I have to paint it. And I have to build some exterior box to substitute the originals that are too smaller .

I want also work on the suspension because the rear of the truck with the original springs is too soft.

Me and Lucia are very happy of the work, so we are ready to start for the next adventure!

Here http://www.advrider.it/archives/2916 you can find other photos!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like fun! I wish we were there.
    Were you in Morocco recently in the winter? What were the temperatures? When we were there in the desert in July it was up to 45C.

Charlie

Looks great!
    Tacoma - For Extended Overland Travels
    Four Wheel Camper - The TARDIS

Trip Reports - Travels with Hadley

-Nathanael
    Large Format Photography
    www.KuenzliPhotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by charlieaarons View Post
    Looks like fun! I wish we were there.
    Were you in Morocco recently in the winter? What were the temperatures? When we were there in the desert in July it was up to 45C.

Charlie
    Hi Charlie,

I start my trip in December and I come back at home the second week of January. In the desert it's cold in the morning 2/5 C in the afternoon we get 20/25 C. I think this is one of the best period to stay in the desert, but it's impossible to go on the Atlas because there is snow.

Thanks a lot Overland Hadley !!!!

Default Travel Video

Thanks for sharing the video - makes me what to drive my Mog even more. YOu did a great job on the truck in suh a short time, hopefully my first trip goes as well as your has.
    Iain
    Brisbane, Australia
    Land Rover Defender 110
    Unimog U1250
    Unimog Central

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast