Flip Pac on top of a TearDrop?

Nikson

Explorer
Been browsing web, searching for info on teardrop trailers. Only concern (and I am probably not the only one) - small space of the teardrop to handle only 2 adults.

Thus the following question...

Has anyone done, seen or ..... a teardrop with a flip pac on top?

p.s. I have seen this before, so this gives the idea of integration of the flip pac into the teardrop home build.

Thanks a bunch...

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I have a utility trailer that I was going to put higher side walls up and front like a pickup bed above a small enclosed trailer and use a Sportz Tent III, a pickup bed tent above.

The certaily have racks on small trailers, so putting the flippac on top...I see no problem other than fabricating your supports. A teardrop, to me, is one that has a sloping roof, you can put a frame over it, but I wouldn't follow the teardrop style, I'd opt for a flater roof but with enough slope to weatherprrof any hatch.

If you do it, please post a pic!

Nikson

Explorer
Have you seen this trailer? The thread may give you some ideas related to your inquiry.
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52490

funny thing, i put the link in P. S. part of my post, but it didnt get there.

that trailer sort of pushed on the idea of what i wanted to do.

i guess i should contact one of the flip pac manufacturers and see if they would be able to sell one in the size i would need.

the idea is the integration of a flip pac into a teardrop. ;)

Nikson

Explorer
I have a utility trailer that I was going to put higher side walls up and front like a pickup bed above a small enclosed trailer and use a Sportz Tent III, a pickup bed tent above.

The certaily have racks on small trailers, so putting the flippac on top...I see no problem other than fabricating your supports. A teardrop, to me, is one that has a sloping roof, you can put a frame over it, but I wouldn't follow the teardrop style, I'd opt for a flater roof but with enough slope to weatherprrof any hatch.

If you do it, please post a pic!

i am hoping that i might have time this summer & over the winter until next summer of 2012 to get this done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles