Camp Lite by Livin Lite

Dave Kay

Adventurer
No personal experience with these, but have owned a solid-walled camper like these and though they look really nice, seems the weight is a bit heavy for being all aluminum with the full-sizer coming in at over 1500lbs... or did I miss something in the specs?

LimaMikeMike

Observer
I looked at one the other day, looks to be a well thought out camper with quality parts (Seitz windows, Dometic toilet and Fridge etc.) but....

But when I looked closely the diamond plate on the rear skirt was crooked and the trim mismatched also when I inspected the bathroom the toilet was loose from it`s mounting.

I pointed out those defects to the salesman and he mentioned it was because these campers are shipped 2000 miles from Indiana to Edmonton. He didn`t have a comeback when I mentioned that the camper has to hold up to far greater abuse on dirt roads and two lane tracks when actually in use.

The one I looked at was the camplite 8.5. Maybe it was an early production example, but I wasn`t overly impressed by fit and finish for 18K.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
And, does anyone knowora close idea as to how wide that bath is? It looks awfully narrow. But that is a very nice looking unit, like the contemporary design/interior.

GreenToys

Observer
Just as soon as one shows up locally (within 200 miles), the family and I plan on going to look and take lots of pics.

I am thinking of doing the same thing, but it's not showing up here in the northeast til maybe a month said the dealer. Would you mind sharing your findings and pix of course. Thanks :sombrero:

DesertJK

Adventurer
Awesome quality. I am the poster child for the VRV trailer.

http://www.livinlite.com/vrv-6x14jeep-gallery.php

The complaints I have are few, and more related to the VRV dealer than the factory or the build. If I had it to buy over again I would have dealt directly with Livin' Lite in Indiana and then drove to the factory a week before it was done to hand pick my final components (they were more than willing to do this, just didn't know it when I bought it)
I also would have had them build it a bit lower (the roof, not the ground clearance) and maybe ditch the A/C unit. Although I do like having the A/C when I am at motorcycle races with hookups. Nothing worse than wearing leathers in 100 heat between motos and no A/C.

My second choice was an Oliver trailer, but I really wanted a toyhauler so I could have one do it all trailer, not a cargo for racing and a camper for camping.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Awesome quality. I am the poster child for the VRV trailer.

http://www.livinlite.com/vrv-6x14jeep-gallery.php

The complaints I have are few, and more related to the VRV dealer than the factory or the build. If I had it to buy over again I would have dealt directly with Livin' Lite in Indiana and then drove to the factory a week before it was done to hand pick my final components (they were more than willing to do this, just didn't know it when I bought it)
I also would have had them build it a bit lower (the roof, not the ground clearance) and maybe ditch the A/C unit. Although I do like having the A/C when I am at motorcycle races with hookups. Nothing worse than wearing leathers in 100 heat between motos and no A/C.

My second choice was an Oliver trailer, but I really wanted a toyhauler so I could have one do it all trailer, not a cargo for racing and a camper for camping.

You still wear leathers? :confused:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
2008-04-15-ranger1.jpg

2007_Superlift_Ranger.JPG

0309or_02_z+1999_ford_ranger_supercab_dirt_devil+15_inch_eagle_rims.jpg

FordRangerLiftKit.jpg

raygor

Camplite CL16QBB

We have had our Camplite now since December 2010. I drove to the factory and picked it up with my 2010 Jeep JK Unlimited. At only 2200 lbs dry weight, it pulled very well. So far, it is everything I had hoped for.

Attachments

• Camplite.jpg
    Camplite.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles