New Pickemup Truck

I bit the bullet and got myself a new truck. my 4Runner was in need of too many repairs to be my daily driver with 2 kids...

Im already planning out the bed for camping..

here she is
photo-1.jpg

2011 4x4 1500

Last edited:
The hood is the R/T hood. But I guess in 2011 they made it an option. I dunno. This truck was in the dealers lot and I loved it.

It's got a heated steering wheel. Mind blower.

This is my first new car. As you can see I'm pretty stoked about it.
Although today, while I was out shooting, I launched a piece of brass into the C pillar and put a miniscule scratch (that will probably buff out) in it. Bummer. But now that it has been tainted I can tear it up. Ha ha ha

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Another Ram! Congrats.

...wanna trade grills? I've never had a chrome grill before and it's driving me crazy...

RU55ELL

Explorer
I have a 2011 SLT Quad Cab and love it so far. Got it at the end of January and already have over 15k on the clock. :)

huntsonora

Explorer
I have a 2011 SLT Quad Cab and love it so far. Got it at the end of January and already have over 15k on the clock. :)

Do you still have the Tacoma? If so, which one do you like better? What kind of milege do you guys get the the new Rams?

Do you still have the Tacoma? If so, which one do you like better? What kind of milege do you guys get the the new Rams?

When I picked it up the fuel economy meter was showing 13mpg. I went on about a 50 mile trip and it got up to 14.3

So all in all. Terrible.

We have the mega cabs as our work trucks with a darkroom for developing X-rays on the back. It's basically a camper with no windows. Those trucks get about.... 7.5-9 mpg

RU55ELL

Explorer

On the highway, I have seen as good as 20. In town, it's more like 13. I sold the Toyota as soon as I got this truck. I should add, this is a company work truck. It sees its fair share of highway but I also use the 4wd plenty. Rig sites get nasty and slick. As far as comparing to the Tacoma, it gets about the same mileage. I like it much better than the Tacoma though, mainly because I am 6'4". I am looking for a fullsize replacement for the Tacoma for wheeling duties. I just can't handle cramming into a compact anymore.

When I picked it up the fuel economy meter was showing 13mpg. I went on about a 50 mile trip and it got up to 14.3

So all in all. Terrible.

We have the mega cabs as our work trucks with a darkroom for developing X-rays on the back. It's basically a camper with no windows. Those trucks get about.... 7.5-9 mpg

For crying out loud, it's a 400HP V8 fullsize. It's not going to get the mileage of a Prius. When mileage even comes up when talking about a fullsize, I laugh. If you have to ask, you shouldn't even bother getting one. :snorkel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior