Legendary Camel Trophy Discovery I

mdcrosser

Pangaea Expeditions main expedition rig for sale. Recent 4.6L 2004 engine conversion with less than 11,000 miles. ZF transmission and LT-230, custom exhaust system includes NRP stainless Y-pipe. Custom Camel Trophy "Sandglow" paint job. African Outback Roller Drawers. Custom expedition roof rack. Side mounted Hannibal 5' awning. Eezi-Awn 1200 roof top tent. 4 Hella 300FF's on roof rack and 2 Hella 4000's on custom bull bar. Mantec raised air intake snorkel. OME heavy duty suspension with 3" lift. Rockware steering damper relocation kit. RoverTracks high clearance tie rod. RoverTracks rear trailing arms. LR Genuine cargo barrier. Expedition style Michellin XZL 7.5R16 tires. Yellow top deep cell battery. New parts and work include: brakes all around (pads and rotors), front U-joints, Jacobs Racing starter coil with original as backup, upper and lower oil cooler hoses, front drag link and cinch bolt, just passed Colorado emmisions testing. Total spent to bring vehicle up to top operating condition $4000. Its ready to go! Asking $13,500 but willing to consider reasonable offers.

Attachments

• 20060623_leadville_006.jpg
    20060623_leadville_006.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 965
  • CamelShowerSkirt.jpg
    CamelShowerSkirt.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,384
  • CamelBumper.jpg
    CamelBumper.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 499

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Title is a bit misleading. It is not an original Camel Trophy vehicle, not even sure it is a replica. Did you mean Camel Trophy as in the same color scheme?

Either way, it is a nice setup.

sacto_patrol - that truck should have no problem passing CA emissions with the conversion.

If I had the extra dough, I'd probably snag it!

mdcrosser

Probably going to hold off on selling the tent and awning separately but thanks for the interest.

As far as passing CA Carb regs, I'm not to sure about that. It passed emissions easily here in Colorado after a couple of adjustments were made by Jeff Corwin, the owner of JC Rovers in Denver. I can check with him and see what his thoughts are.

The truck was initially built to be a replica of the original Camel Trophy's, but additional modifications were made to further add to it's performance. A great website to visit that features the step by step build up process is pangaeaexpeditions.com if you look under projects you'll see the truck and all the mods in detail.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning how well the truck is built. I think it is a great truck with great mods. The original Camel Trophy trucks were as close to stock as possible with the wiring harnesses upgraded to accommodate for heavy winch use. There were only a few other mods done to them.

This is a nicely built truck and a pretty fair price considering that there is a 4.6 conversion professionally completed.:chowtime:

mdcrosser

we were planning on updating the truck with a 300tdi and taking it on an overland trip thru Africa and Middle East; however, after adding up costs of the engine swap along with shipping etc... , it doesn't make sense compared to car hiring from a company called Foley out of England. They provide the 110tdi along with the papers for border crossings and other support. I should've have researched this a little better prior to buying the truck. The 4.6L gasoline engine for trail running here in the states is perfect though. We are priortizing right now for the trip in the future and trying to save as much money as possible.

gjackson

FRGS
If you are willing to share, how long a trip are you planning and what sort of price is Foleys asking?

cheers

mdcrosser

Were planning 12 months and breaking the trip up into three sections: London to Cape Town (visit friends in Pretoria and Durban for a month or two), Cape to Cairo and then Cairo to Instanbul. Right now were negotiating prices with Foley so I don't have concrete pricing only ballbark figures. Were looking at around 3000 pounds per person for the London to Cape section of the trip, possibly less.

I'd like to meet up sometime to talk with you about your trip, your website is great with a lot of helpful information.

Anyways, this thread might be getting a bit off topic. Let me know if you know anyone that might be in the market for the Discovery. Thanks Graham.

gjackson

FRGS
I'll let you know if I come across anyone interested in the disco. Also be happy to chat about our trip. Just PM me and we can set up a time.

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles