2005+ Toyota Tacoma Access Cab infant seat

fifthcircle

Adventurer
I have searched a bunch over the last few months for info online wondering if the car seat was going to fit in my truck or not. No problem!
Guess I don't need to run out and get that Land Cruiser.....YET!

This is a Chicco Key Fit. The "Latch" system is on the passenger side, and seems to work perfectly. I will need to prop up the front of the base to get the bubble level within the acceptable range, but a coupe pieces of wood under the folded down seat should work without issue. Had my wife climb into the pass. seat, and she fit comfortably too. She may only be about 5'1", but she is also 38wks pregnant! So if she fits now, she will easily fit in a couple weeks with the kid in his own seat. LOL!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1303760559053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1303760559053.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

hoaxci5

Observer
You might want to drop by the firestation and have them look at the install. I don't know if that passes or not.. I assume since there are latch hookups they planned for it and it should be alright. I just know the hospital wouldn't let us leave without inspecting and approving our car seat installation.

fifthcircle

Adventurer
You might want to drop by the firestation and have them look at the install. I don't know if that passes or not.. I assume since there are latch hookups they planned for it and it should be alright. I just know the hospital wouldn't let us leave without inspecting and approving our car seat installation.

Solid advice.

We will most likely take the wife's car to/from the hospital.
Back up plan if someone doesn't like the seat install: turn off pass airbag and install it in the front seat. Mom rides behind. That shouldn't need to happen.

Either way, it a TON more safe than any time I remember being in a car when I was young!!!! :ylsmoke:

paratrooper

I'm a firefighter and a certified CPS Tech (Child Passenger Safety). Just from looking at the picture, it doesn't look like it would pass inspection. The child seat should not be touching the front seat at all because the child seat needs a little room in front to absorb an impact.

If you can move the front seat up an inch or two, it looks like it might work. Other than that, make sure the seatbelt or LATCH system is tight enough that if you wiggle the seat side to side at the base, there's less than an inch of movement.

Be safe,
paratrooper

CliftonSmith

Observer
2005+ Toyota Tacoma Access Cab infant seat

I'm a firefighter and a certified CPS Tech (Child Passenger Safety). Just from looking at the picture, it doesn't look like it would pass inspection. The child seat should not be touching the front seat at all because the child seat needs a little room in front to absorb an impact.

If you can move the front seat up an inch or two, it looks like it might work. Other than that, make sure the seatbelt or LATCH system is tight enough that if you wiggle the seat side to side at the base, there's less than an inch of movement.

Be safe,
paratrooper

Thank you for that info paratrooper! will keep it in mind especially for our new baby. By the way, do you know any Toyota Parts Shop where I can find help in installing properly my infant seat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier