New to us, FWC Grandby

ExpoMike

Well, we picked up a nice 2004 FWC Grandby for our recently bought '97 Dodge Ram 2500. Very nice with just about all the option. Extended cab over, water heater with outdoor shower, dual vents, one which is a Fantasic Fan. It has the Fimiaa awning, dual outside porch lights, back steps and roof rack. Very excited to get this unit and just need to do up the bed mounting eyes and wiring. Then once it's on for good, I'll remove the four jacks and we should be good to go. :wings:

Here's some pics.

PICT6084.jpg

PICT6085.jpg

PICT6086.jpg

PICT6087.jpg

PICT6088.jpg

PICT6089.jpg

I'll post more this weekend when I pop it up. :snorkel:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Very nice. I'm interested in hearing about two things once you get settled in with it:

How your rear suspension is holding up.
How your gas mileage is with the diesel.

You don't waste any time do ya??! :ylsmoke:

Looks good on your truck but I'd find something to fill the gap between the extended bed overhang and the cab. That thing will drag wind and hurt your mileage.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Very nice Mike!
Welcome to the club.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Keep the door open when you pop it up.

Jeff

ExpoMike

Thanks everyone. Definitely really happy with both finds.

I'll be doing something with the overhang but haven't decided exactly what yet. Seen a couple neat ideas, just need to get my plans set. First order of business is to get the correct eye bolt tie downs installed.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I wonder if a Yakama bar rack with one of their airfoils would do the job? Rack It on Cl Mesa Blvd sells single Thules or Yakamas.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Thanks everyone. Definitely really happy with both finds.

I'll be doing something with the overhang but haven't decided exactly what yet. Seen a couple neat ideas, just need to get my plans set. First order of business is to get the correct eye bolt tie downs installed.

I don't know if you saw my rig at the Rendezvous, you left early and I was on the other side. This is what I did with my over hang and you have more room. I also added a wind deflector to the front over the cab.
IMGP0319.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I don't know if you saw my rig at the Rendezvous, you left early and I was on the other side. This is what I did with my over hang and you have more room. I also added a wind deflector to the front over the cab.
IMGP0319.jpg

Jeff, your mod was the first thing I though of when Mike said "I'll be doing something with the overhang but haven't decided exactly what yet."

ExpoMike

Yeah, I recall seeing that and thought it was a great idea. I am thinking of something like that but not for fluids but other things that are fairly light and would like to have easy access to without going inside the camper. Folding chairs and table come to mind.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Lennon and McCartney
Ponch and John
Ram 2500 and FWC...

Some things are just meant to go together. :drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior