Knife thread

peneumbra

Explorer
I have a (massive) TOPS Black Rhino that I got because... well, just because I really liked the feel of it and the fit/finish, and the sheath. I don't carry it every day - I have a folding CRKT M-16 for that - but I have it in the vehicle. You could probably cut your way out of a metal building with it, or skin its namesake. It's really sort of an object d'art, as many high-end knives are...

Malamute

Observer
I have a Randall I like quite a bit. I've field dressed and butchered a few deer with it.

IMG_1158.jpg

WininUtah

Adventurer
I just spent some time browsing this thread, Peter you do some terrific work! I saw you mention my friend Rik Palm, he makes some very interesting pieces.

I've been collecting custom knives for 25 years and must have owned a couple of hundred. My carry knives are pretty basic, I work from home so I always have knives handy.

This is in my Jeep, always handy, picked it up from a maker on Blade Forums.. The orange handle really helps if you put it down or drop it:
medium800.jpg

This is a custom order from Reese Bose, a premier maker. I got some old , Maroon Micarta for the handle. My "dress" carry:
medium800.jpg

This Spyderco Military has become my "outdoor" folder, carries really well in 5.11 Taclite shorts/pants, on the right leg:
medium800.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles