Knife thread

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
My latest to add to the collection - the Pig Necker - Custom, One-off made by Douglas Knife Company out of California

tumblr_ndfslyuYMZ1txrzvyo1_500.jpg

MikeBoyle

Observer
This one is kinda special to me. It was originally purchased by my father while he was in Germany in 1961. He gave it to a friend as a gift and it was then gifted back to me when I graduated high school. While it seems to be a rarer model it has seen plenty of action and skinned its share of deer. I still carry it in my BOB.

user3937_pic9438_1289183696-vi.jpg

user3937_pic9437_1289183696-vi.jpg

Knife is made by Puma http://pumaknifecompanyusa.com/default.aspx Unsure on exact model name as in all my internet research I have yet to find one exactly like it.

My daily carry is a full serrated Spyderco Delica.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Mike, that basic Puma style is called a Waidmesser, and it's a real prize. You can find more like it here.

The older Pumas were superb knives. Sadly, the company moved a lot of production overseas in the 1990s.

I finally got the Puma I dreamed of as a kid, the Trapper's Companion:

9778705364_b240b9367c_z.jpg

MikeBoyle

Observer
Thanks for the info. My dad has one similar to the Waidmesser they have listed on the link (he bought it at the same time). I just have never seen one with the same blade layout as the one I have so I wasn't sure if it was the same model or not.

FreeRangeFJ

Observer
Here is one of my recently made knives. It is a camp knife with an 8" blade and 13 5/8 overall length. The blade steel is 1075 which has been differentially hardened for optimum performance. The handle material is claro walnut and the fittings are antiqued copper. It weighs 11 oz and is balanced right at the guard face. I have not made a sheath yet, but will get to it soon. I hope you enjoy.

cp1.JPG

Kcdude

Adventurer
I just picked up this Adventure Sworn Huntsman
Steel: O1 high carbon tool steel, 59 RC hardness
Grind: scandivex
Overall Length: 8-1/2
Cutting Edge Length: 4
Handle: desert ironwood, black liners, brass bolts & tubing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg