Knife thread

zebratruck

This is beautiful! Would you mind telling us a bit about the handle material?

Sure. It's a natural Micarta with blue G10 liners and a reconstituted turquoise bolster. It's about 15% resin so you can drill and polish it and it doesn't blow apart. I had a small piece left over so I made this guy a matching fire steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSG

Explorer
I have lots of knives. In the old days, a Buck 110 was my camping knife and a 501 was my daily carry. I also started carrying a tiny Classic SAK for the tweezers, scissors, and nail file. These days, in my main day pack, I have a Fallkniven F1. As I've got a few day hiking packs tossed into my three vehicles, I also have another one with a second F1 and a couple more with Mora's. My daily carry for the past few years has been a Benchmade Mini-Grip with a drop point blade. I just replaced it with the Cabela's Mini-Grip with tan scales and a D2 blade. I also carry an Ambassador SAK which has replaced the too small Classic.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Another ED but with no C favorite, too cheap and good not to have one IMO, cuts tomato slices you can see through with ease:

DSC_6448-X2.jpg

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
I've been eyeballing the carbon fiber version. I currently carry an 810 Contego and while it's fine about 82% of the time the other 18% I want something just a touch smaller with less aggressive handles, the 940 fits that bill perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a smaller benchmade in carbon fiber, not the 940, think it was the 770, more of a gentleman's pocket knife, but with the same lock.

And it just didn't work the same way, the blade didn't have enough weight to go through all the motions without a little effort. The 940 is just right, blade has the weight, handle feels big and solid enough for real work but is very light, and I dig the tanto point

K2ZJ

Explorer
Peter, your craftsmanship is amazing. Thanks for posting not only the finished product but the stages as well. I like to see the steps you take and watching it change.

Last night I picked up a Benchmade Griptilian, I love it!

Last edited:

WininUtah

Adventurer
Really like the Chinese cleavers and kitchen knives. My wife has Murray Carter that she's been abusing for years.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz