Knife thread

dustin_mud

Observer
Thank you, started out just doing it to kill time then for friends, now I think I'm getting to the point of building to sell.

dustin_mud

Observer
You can do everything I did with just a drill and files, lots of work but can be done. Search youtube, theres tons of how to videos.

dustin_mud

Observer
Peter are you grinding your own beveles or buying the blades fully built and your adding the scales?
Also what finish are you doing to your woods?

Last edited:

FreeRangeFJ

Observer
Here is one of my latest builds. It is one of my standard designs that I dressed up a bit.

1084 fully hardened high carbon steel blade
acid etched and blued
G-10 liners
Ironwood scales
nickle silver pins
3 1/4" blade 8" overall

Attachments

• P5030058.jpg
    P5030058.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 23
  • P5030064.jpg
    P5030064.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 25
  • P5030056.JPG
    P5030056.JPG
    506.2 KB · Views: 26
  • P5030062.JPG
    P5030062.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 23

WSS

Rock Stacker
Here are a few of mine........

Top is a Alan Elishewitz, middle is a Don Maxwell and bottom is mine, which has been carried everyday since 2000
IMG_2074_zpspcycvcub.jpg

Top two, Hubertus (I picked these up at the factory in Solingen), next Microtech HALO, Paragon elite, Haller Blitz
IMG_2079_zpsezbheaot.jpg

The obligatory Gerber (sorry no BG here), my first try at multi color Cerakote (graph black, tungsten and burnt bronze)
IMG_2080_zpsvatuwde4.jpg

WininUtah

Adventurer
I've been collecting knives for about 40 years, sometimes as investments, sometimes for use. I try to get the best knife for each intended use and don't get too worried about the $$. Nathan Carothers has come up with a method of producing an exceptional Field Knife at a reasonable, for a custom, price. I will most likely put this knife in a BOB of sorts that I keep in my Wrangler.

The blade steel is 3V which Nathan has a proprietary heat treat to RC62, making it "almost" stainless. Handle material choices have been Micarta or G10, both great for knives intended to be used. Lorien Arnold, a knife designer, worked with Nathan on the design. The knife feels great in hand and is smoothed where it needs to be. Some factory knives cost more than this, $245.00 delivered!

Nathan did a video showing the durability of 3V at 62RC, impressive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w1_WX_fNN8

Here's mine, comes with a serviceable Kydex sheath:
medium800.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior