envoy xuv camper

bme

based on my xuv, I have an idea of weekend camper just for me and my son to spend 2-3 outside. I want make it simple and I can still use it for everyday commute.
Here it goes, I bent 4 brackets jammed between door and frame, bought a cheap tent at Target. The tent poles mounts on the bracket and form a dome over the suv. I cut the bottom of the tent open, then slide XUV's back roof forward, now I have a 4x4 opening under the tent so we can stand there, cooking or change clothes.
Next thing on the list is a 5'x4' X4'desk/drawer storage system. Stove, water, etc store in the drawer. In the evening, close the roof for security. sleep on the floor, part of us will be under the desk. :wings:
________
Colorado Dispensary

Attachments

• P1060244.JPG
    P1060244.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 45
  • P1060245.JPG
    P1060245.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 40
  • P1060246.JPG
    P1060246.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Pest

Adventurer
That's a pretty neat idea. I had always thought the sliding roofs on those was quite pointless, but that seems like a great utilization of it!

Do you plan on folding the rear seats down for the sleeping platform? Is that possible in that vehicle?

Very interested to see how this turns out! Nice work.

bme

fold forward the second row and the midgate will form a 7 ' sleepingplatform. this configuration gives me some basic capmer function without modifying the xuv
________
HOW TO ROLL A JOINT

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online