Chicken in box

Vency

Adventurer
I this part of Europe (East) there is famous cocking technique.
Often this recipe is made at camps after all day driving.

You just need fitting metal box and open fire :)

Also instead of these metal spit , you can easy use glass bottle with beer or wine ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I've seen people do dutch oven meals in a similar manor where they dig a hole wider and deeper than the pot then push coals from the campfire into the bottom of the hole, put the oven in, then scoop more coals on top and berry it under a foot or so of dirt. They do this first thing in the morning and by dinner time the food is cooked.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
We have something similar called Chick Can.
But it is usually used on the grill or in the oven.
I use mine often, the steam from whatever liquid you put in the can really keeps the chicken moist.

Any suggestions on timing when using an open fire such as you showed?

Attachments

• recipe-beer-can-chick.jpg
    recipe-beer-can-chick.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Stainless+ChickCAN+Rack.jpg
    Stainless+ChickCAN+Rack.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 9

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
We have something similar called Chick Can.
But it is usually used on the grill or in the oven.
I use mine often, the steam from whatever liquid you put in the can really keeps the chicken moist.

Any suggestions on timing when using an open fire such as you showed?

Thats the beer butt chicken.

lowenbrau

Explorer
I've seen (but never tried) the same technique using a turkey and a metal trash can. You simply use a remote thermometer and drink beer till the bird comes up to temperature.

These smaller cans seem perfect for chickens. The cans aren't common around here. I wonder what we could use in North America.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I know you can buy olive oil in metal cans like that, so if you had an empty can you would know it was food grade and be able to use it for a real small chicken or some cornish hens or something.

In fact, judging by the pictures I would say at least one of those cans use to have sun flower oil in it.

winna

So cool, this is my first time to know about this type of cooking, I think this is really fun and also the result will be so good too,I wanna try this type of cooking this weekend. :chef:

Singapore Food

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94