14" mud tires

laker

I would like a mud tire in a 14" rim size. I do not want to go to a 15" rim.Does anyone know of a brand that makes 14" mudders?

laker

This has to be a high speed tire not atv. The current rims are 14" 4 bolt, The other option would be to go to a 15" X 4bolt rim,but not sure if there is a such baby! And go with a 15" tire as they are common. Anyone know of either a 14" mudder or a 15" X 4bolt rim?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Not sure if you can get them or not in the US and they are even getting hard to find here but Nankang do a "Wild Conqueror" 14" muddie and Hankook do the RT01. I bought a set of the RT 01's for my Subaru after I kept wearing the Nankangs out. They have been unbelieveable and were cheap too. I must have done 60,000 kms on them so far over the last 3 years and will need replacing by the end of this year. They are brilliant in mud and sand but very noisy on the highway. That's a given I suppose.

The RT01 is a dead ringer for a BFG Mud Terrain but the compound must be harder to have gotten this much life.
19092009745.jpg

If I can't get them again will probably try to import some Super Swampers. The Wild Conqueror has been replaced by a very "road-looking" style now and probably not worth bothering with.

Last edited:

njtacoma

Explorer
Swampers

I posted a link to a DOT approved Swamper, I realize they are not the roundest tire or the quietest, but they are a DOT mud tire, not an atv tire.

Is a super swamper too aggressive for what you need?

What 4 bolt pattern do you need? Discount tire lists 12 different sizes of 4 bolt patterns. For my trailer, 4x4" really limited my wheel choices.

Last edited:

nucktaco

Adventurer
might not be a good idea to put these harder to find tires on your expo trailer. if it takes this much effort to find them with the use of the interweb and yellow pages imagine if your on the road somewhere other than the us or canada trying to find them. might be better to go with a more common size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles