What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

BWickett

Observer
Genesis Dual Battery System

Did it the past weekend and the install wasn't too bad. Only had one issue pop up and that was my existing winch power line came up a bit too short to reach the new accessory stud. Picked up some more wire and some Anderson connectors and good to go.

Attachments

• DSC01502.JPG
    DSC01502.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 513

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
I got a call from AEV that I didn't want, no more high line kits for the TJ's, so they gave me a refund and I bolted on a set of tube fenders I had made before, I prefer the look of the high line fenders but that's life. Started to get all the electrical components and auxiliary components mounted to the fenders which I hope to have done by the weekend and it's off to the powder coater. I want it done by the end of February so I can put some miles on well before EJS.

Image 1.jpg

Installed a jk e-dock to mount accessories like my nav tablet
epu9uhud.jpg
y3a7azam.jpg

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
null_zps76cb79f0.jpg

null_zps28c8e491.jpg

The new stuff is;
Teraflex 44 housing
Arb locker
4.88 gears
RCV axle shafts
Reid racing knuckles
Synergy ball joints
Moog hub/unit bearings
JKs adjustable sway bar end links

Previously installed
Metalcloak control arms
Synergy track bar brace, sector shaft brace
Synergy track bar
Synergy drag link
Synergy tie rod
EVO no limits manual sway bar disconnect
Full synergy suspension bolt kit

So far I'm really impressed with this axle housing. Thick bracketry, raised track bar bracket, drain plug on the diff, fill plug on the cover, shock mounts spaced out 1.5" for frame clearance, bump stops drilled for bump stop spacers (AEV bolts threaded right in).
Very very nice looking setup. Beefy and functional. The only thing I wished for were outer axle seals that fit the housing.

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Thursday's projects

null_zps85860e47.jpg

null_zps80c0d950.jpg

There is still work to do.
The switches need to be wired with the dash lights so the text lights up green.
The rear (factory) locker needs to be wired up to the spod and the signal wires run to the switch.
The front arb locker needs to be plumbed.
I need to decide if I'm going to come up with a way to mount that ugly OME steering stabilizer or buy a pretty new fox steering stabilizer that mounts using the track bar bolt.
I probably need to add a degree of caster to get the pinion zeroed out up front.
And maybe a more permanent vacuum assist pump bracket. The angle aluminum works but its ugly.

At some point I need to just remove the factory front locker wiring and electric disconnect wiring since neither are in use any more.

Huge thanks to Maxx at Northridge 4x4. He helped set everything up. Pricing was great with install included, I took advantage of a 10% off deal and their normal free freight. Can't go wrong!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz