What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Lucky j

Explorer
Ordered a set or rear RE 3.5" coils to replace my not even a year old to soft MC 3.5" progresive coils that would keep bottoming out with my load even on black top bumps.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Ordered a set or rear RE 3.5" coils to replace my not even a year old to soft MC 3.5" progresive coils that would keep bottoming out with my load even on black top bumps.

I've been very happy with the 300KG overload springs from Old Man Emu if the Rubicon Express springs don't work out for you. We've towed a SoCal Teardrop twice this season and between gear in the Jeep, additional fuel, and the tongue weight the OME springs have been a huge help.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Made it to 12,250ft today on Argentine Pass

BeautifulDay-X3.jpg

.mobile

Nice! How does your Jeep feel at that altitude? Mine feels gutless.

Presto88

Adventurer
How did you get it? I thought you had to drop it off at there place.

No. They are more than happy to box it up and ship it to you! It cost almost a grand to have it boxed and shipped, but I saved the amount that I would have paid in Cal sales tax so it wasn't so bad.

I'll warn you ahead of time though, the box it comes in is frikken HUGE! 9ft long x 6ft wide x 4ft high. And it weighs over 700lbs! I know. They really pack that thing well! Of course it didn't have a scratch on it so I guess it must be just about right.

Here's a shot of it on the trailer that I picked it up with. That's a 6x12 trailer.

It took two us of about 5 hours to get the thing unpacked and mounted on the Jeep. We had a couple of extra guys show up for the actual move from the crate to the Jeep - since it's way too heavy for two guys to pick up. I still have to connect the electrical wiring, but I'm holding off on that until I get my "house" battery setup.

Haven't slept in it yet, but I think it's going to be a really nice setup.

20160625_083818.jpg

jswift716

Adventurer
No. They are more than happy to box it up and ship it to you! It cost almost a grand to have it boxed and shipped, but I saved the amount that I would have paid in Cal sales tax so it wasn't so bad.

I'll warn you ahead of time though, the box it comes in is frikken HUGE! 9ft long x 6ft wide x 4ft high. And it weighs over 700lbs! I know. They really pack that thing well! Of course it didn't have a scratch on it so I guess it must be just about right.

Here's a shot of it on the trailer that I picked it up with. That's a 6x12 trailer.

It took two us of about 5 hours to get the thing unpacked and mounted on the Jeep. We had a couple of extra guys show up for the actual move from the crate to the Jeep - since it's way too heavy for two guys to pick up. I still have to connect the electrical wiring, but I'm holding off on that until I get my "house" battery setup.

Haven't slept in it yet, but I think it's going to be a really nice setup.

View attachment 352229
Hey, I brought my "newest" xj home on one of those trailers haha. Today I painted alot of stuff. But you guys won't get to see much here until it's done and I'm traveling

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Personally, I'm holding out for the rocket powered Squirrel suit!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

As for the Jeep, I ordered a complete new suspension, built front and rear racks to carry my Jonboat and modified the front bumper to make it a bit narrower. I'd post pics, but I finished up quite late. I'll add them in here next week...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles