What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

rubicon91

Explorer
My new wheels/tires came in and had them put on. The first pic has my new tires on the front and old tires on the rear. Now just need my Gobi rack to get here and put it on.

Attachments

• image-1725484668.jpg
    image-1725484668.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 47
  • New tires.jpg
    New tires.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 44
installed some RAM mounts "x-grips" and a gopro mount to the Vector dash bar I recently also installed.

One of the x-grips is for my phone (as shown in the photo), the other will be for passenger use or a yet to be purchased monitor for a yet to be purchased rear view camera system. I'm thinking of an 'always' on rear-view monitor system, and therefore would want a dedicated monitor. For the go-pro mount, I imagine I'll normally run it outside of the vehicle, but for those times I want to view from inside the wind-shield, this will do well.

More info on my blog here, along with details of the Vector JKE dock. This is a very solid mounting system - no more window suction cup devices falling down while off road!

FYI, the cables hanging down are from a 12V outlet I have mounted above (there is a standalone GPS unit up beside the rearview mirror)... they hang down to charge my camera and other cell phone while mobile.

rubicon91

Explorer
Rubicon91

Where did you get those "blacked-out" rear windows? I've never seen them before.

Thanks
Rich

Rich
I actually had a set of clear windows that were brand new with the jeep. I got them as well as a tinted pair. I also had a bikini top and when I switched to a spiderweb shade I decided to take the clear windows and bikini top into a canvas shop and have them cut the bikini top and sew around the clear widows and remove the clear. Came out great. My reasoning behind this was I could take the top off and throw them in the rear and not worry about the window getting scratched up and since lots of rain storms happen in the summer here in FL it makes it nice to quickly put top up and not get wet. I hardly ever run with rear window in so that gets wet but not too bad. I love them. Different look plus no one is looking in rear from sides. Only downside is some limited vision when backing out of parking spots but I have found if I just back in in first place I don't have any issues. My tinted windows are pristine as I never use them. Also when out in woods etc you don't have to worry about scratching side windows as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jungblud

Observer
Installed the JKE Dock full length version to replace the stubby. I found the stubby lacking space for the number of items I need to mount.

The full length version I ordered was for 'current' JKs but it would not fit out of the box. I modded it by cutting the forward portion of the center mounting bracket. Worked out nicely as the original rubber cup fits again. Vector needs either to rework their design or improve their quality control IMO.

IMG_20150103_112600.jpg

IMG_20141231_160100.jpg

Installed the JKE Dock full length version to replace the stubby. I found the stubby lacking space for the number of items I need to mount.

The full length version I ordered was for 'current' JKs but it would not fit out of the box. I modded it by cutting the forward portion of the center mounting bracket. Worked out nicely as the original rubber cup fits again. Vector needs either to rework their design or improve their quality control IMO.

Mine (shown a couple posts up) fit without any problems - rubber cup is back into place as well. Mine also looks like I've got more clearance between the center 'loop' and top of the dash though. Does your RAM ubolt fit under the bar in front?

Last edited:

engineerd

Desk Jockey
Picked up the XJ from the shop after getting some maintenance work done. (That's what I did.)

There was a Saab 96 (I'm guessing 1965ish) sitting in the lot. I began thinking of all the adventures this thing must have seen in its life.

Saab 96 (1965ish) by engineerd, on Flickr

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Light Bar

I added a 50" LED light bar from FCKlightbars to the Jeep. I got temporary mounts for it until I get my custom mounts. The light bar will sit lower. The top poart of the light bar will be flush with the roof of the jeep. and then I will be getting custom lower mounts that fit where pod lights would go on the A pillar and that will hold either another 50" or a 42" light bar.
IMG_6736.JPG

IMG_6735.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94