RK's MANi-Van - UP FOR SALE

Wiley

Adventurer
What size are the rims on a 96, for some reason 15 is in my head, but I don't know why? I may have a rim (pretty sure its 16), I would have to see if I can get into my friends storage unit. He is in Italy for the next 6 months, but I know he left keys behind with someone before he left.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
What size are the rims on a 96, for some reason 15 is in my head, but I don't know why? I may have a rim (pretty sure its 16), I would have to see if I can get into my friends storage unit. He is in Italy for the next 6 months, but I know he left keys behind with someone before he left.

Definitely 15", and that would be great if you have an extra!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Any update on paint... bumpers... sliders?

Also, I will have four (maybe five, I haven't looked at my spare yet) of the 15" stock rims from a 1995, not your version with crappy throw away tires available either this week or next.

Any idea if you can fit the shorter Torsion bars on a 1995? Did you crank yours up? If so how far? How difficult were the torsion bars to remove and install? I am getting ready to order some upgraded parts for my 1995 Tiger XL, and am trying to read up as much as possible...

blupaddler

Conspirator
Terry would the Procomp 9000's you are using be enough to support the weight of a Tiger XL? And any reason why you chose those over say a Bilstein or other brand shock?

Thanks

chasespeed

Explorer
Shocks dont "support" the van. The reason for running Bilsteins, they are a better shock. I will take a Mono-Tube shock over a twin tube any day. Its a better shock off the shelf. A better shock, will result in a better handling and driving vehicle. in something heavy and/or a lot of sail area.... it will be even more noticable.

Chase

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Any update on paint... bumpers... sliders?
Working on getting the materials together now for the bumpers, starting the bodywork/paint prep tomorrow on my day off...

Also, I will have four (maybe five, I haven't looked at my spare yet) of the 15" stock rims from a 1995, not your version with crappy throw away tires available either this week or next.
That would be awesome, let me know how much you need for them...

Any idea if you can fit the shorter Torsion bars on a 1995? Did you crank yours up? If so how far? How difficult were the torsion bars to remove and install? I am getting ready to order some upgraded parts for my 1995 Tiger XL, and am trying to read up as much as possible...
Yes, they slide right in, but the key is different. I went with the OV indexed keys. If you just want to crank yours up, I have an extra set of short bar keys somewhere you can have.

Terry would the Procomp 9000's you are using be enough to support the weight of a Tiger XL? And any reason why you chose those over say a Bilstein or other brand shock?

As Chasespeed said in reply, shocks dont support the vehicle, thats the springs job, they just control the oscillation. As for why I chose the Pro Comps, they are cheap and effective, and will hold me over until I get more important things done (to me) on the van, at which point I'll promptly swap over to Bilsteins

blupaddler

Conspirator
Terry
We can figure something out re the rims... Turns out though I only have four, my spare is a doughnut! Ha, ha, ha! And my new tires/rims won't be in until later next week...

We should all get together have have some skid plates built at the same time to save money.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
I scored a set of sliders for the van last week and will work on adapting them to the vehicle as soon as I have the time at work. They are N-Fab bars for a Jeep JK Unlimited and the length is about ideal. Because of the forward offset of the doors on the van they will need to be swapped to move the steps forward on the van. The best thing is they were not wanted by the previous costumer so the price was definitely right!

Went up to big bear this weekend and had a blast with the kids. We were going to try and hit the gold mountain trail, but the other vehicle that was going to run it with us couldn't make it. We didn't want to run it alone because of a few spots that could potentially cripple the rig so we passed on that and found another road to check out and verify the AWD functionality. There was plenty of mud and a bit of snow and ice further down, but it handled it flawlessly.

100_2110.jpg

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Still interested if the price is right! PM me the details and we can go from there please

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

Skrewball

Observer
sure looks like a pain to replace that fuse!!

Ha ha........sweet ride!!

P.S. i've got a full size van now, aka the "free candy" van

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Looks good Terry. I like your sliders better than mine... the rope ladder keeps getting hung up on stuff.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
sure looks like a pain to replace that fuse!!

Ha ha........sweet ride!!

P.S. i've got a full size van now, aka the "free candy" van

Right now just placed in to check fitment and not permanently mounted yet. That fuse will eventually be at the battery or power distribution block. I'll also have to replace the carpet on the panel with mesh so it can breathe and not overheat.
Free candy van huh? One of my coworkers calls mine the PEDICON and threatened to make a sticker for the front fenders. Mine has windows, the creepy guys hanging out on front of the elementary schools always run cargo vans. I hate the van stereotype... If its a woman they are taking kids to soccer practice, if its a guy driving he's trollling for minors.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz