New Wilderness & Remote First Aid class

We all prepare our vehicles for an overland trip. Are you prepared for a medical emergency in the backcountry?

Please join us for a Wilderness & Remote First Aid class to be held in Sonoma, CA June 11th & 12th.

This is a fun and fast paced class with lots of scenarios and hands on learning. The class is 16 hours over 2 days. The WRFA is especially important to know while traveling for extended periods in the back country--either via foot, bicycle, motorcycle or car. Kristina herself is a highly seasoned wheeler and tailors her instructions to real world scenarios for wheelers, mountaineers and backpackers.

She works in partnership with the American Red Cross--is an authorized Instructor and Instructor Trainer and teaches CPR and Wilderness and Remote First Aid Training courses that will certify participants for 2 years with the American Red Cross.

If you'd like to sign up for the course, PM Kristina. Or contact her at kristinahall at mac.com

This class will include CPR certification as well.

Here is the description of the course per the American Red Cross web site:
Designed for scouts, outdoor enthusiasts and those working in remote environments, this course teaches how to respond to an emergency when help may be delayed. This course is based on the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines and meets OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.

Topics include:
Primary and Secondary Assessments
Head (Brain), Neck and Spinal Injuries
Heat-Related Emergencies
Hypothermia
Altitude-Related Illnesses
Allergies and Anaphylaxis
Burns
Bone and Joint Injuries
Wounds and Wound Infection

We still have a couple of spaces left for the class June 11th & 12th in Sonoma. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for this class.

I have another class that will be held in Southern California on June 4th & 5th. Still have a bit of room for that class as well.

Let's get prepared before we all hit the trail--whether it be on 4 wheels, 2 wheels or 2 feet :)

teotwaki

Excelsior!
We still have a couple of spaces left for the class June 11th & 12th in Sonoma. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for this class.

I have another class that will be held in Southern California on June 4th & 5th. Still have a bit of room for that class as well.

Let's get prepared before we all hit the trail--whether it be on 4 wheels, 2 wheels or 2 feet :)

I did not see the costs anywhere on the site for the WRFA but may have missed it. It also states that CPR has to be current as a prerequisite.

Last Minute Call for SoCal Wilderness First aid Class June 4th & 5th

Here is hoping everyone has great weekend plans for June 4th & 5th!

However, if you want to get certification in Wilderness First Aid & CPR over the weekend--we have a cool class going at AOE in Laguna Hills, Ca

We have a couple of spaces left and the AOE shop is ultra-cool--they do fabrication and manufacturing for off-highway rigs--state of the art!!

Give us a call or just drop by--class starts at 8:30 sharp--we will have coffee and awesome sugary treats and will provide lunch as well! You will get certification for 2 years with the American Red Cross--

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles