Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

Default Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

Expedition Portal would like to thank Warn Industries for supporting our online community through a title sponsorship of the Domestic: Full Size and Other section!

Warn Industries is the world’s most recognized brand in off-road products such as hub locks and vehicle recovery winches. The company designs, manufactures and markets a full line of off-road equipment and accessories that enhance the performance of four-wheel-drive and powersport vehicles. Warn Industries has employees in and around Portland, Ore., Livonia, Mich., and the Netherlands, and has been in business since 1948.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian McVickers; 05-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    2000 Toyota 4Runner : 1997 Jeep Wrangler : 1988 Honda NX650 : 2005 KTM 950Adv
    www.overlandinternational.com [/I][/B] : [B][U][I][COLOR="SlateGray"]

Thanks Warn for helping to make this Forum possible !

I hope to put my M8000 to the test this summer !
    1973 710K customised Pinzgauer; 2003 Nissan Xterra, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, TJM front bumper (modded & Line-Xed), Warn M8000, BFG AT's 33" x 10.5 r15, shrockworks sliders, 3" suspention lift (front shocks: Bilstein, rear: Skyjacker), chain saw, Cobra C75WX CB, ARB lockers front & rear, Gobi roof rack, Skidrow skid plates... And a 2005 Subaru Outback Wagon for lighter duties ...

Welcome WARN. I just noticed the change when I logged on moments ago.

If anyone from WARN is checking this, can you give some details on the new winches that have just been released (I think the VR line)? What changes are there, compared to the M series, that allows the lower prices?

Good news!
    Chris Steuber
    02 E350 7.3 V4
    11 E350 5.4 V5
    99 E36 M3
    www.ujointoffroad.com
    4x4 Van Conversions

Quote Originally Posted by xj_mike View Post
    Welcome WARN. I just noticed the change when I logged on moments ago.

If anyone from WARN is checking this, can you give some details on the new winches that have just been released (I think the VR line)? What changes are there, compared to the M series, that allows the lower prices?
    We're glad to be able to further sponsor this great forum!

As to the VR lineup: These are different than the M-series. They have different motors, different remotes, different finishes, and use solenoids instead of contactors. (The new Ultimate Performance, Heavyweight, and most of the Premiuim line use contactor control now). These changes allow for a lower price point.

I do want to note that these winches are designed, engineered, tested, and assembled here in Clackamas, Oregon, too.

Again, we're glad to be able to sponsor the Full Size forum! We do make a full lineup of hubs, bumpers/mounting systems, and winches for full-size vehicles, too, so be sure to check out www.WARN.com for your full-size truck needs.

Nicely done, now who do I see about getting something big for the tow rig?

-Alex

PS if you see Scoot with the Rover around the Warn compound tell him Alex says hi.
    10% discount on Master-Pull Products

www.MasterPull.com
    www.amsteelblue.com -Best prices on genuine Amsteel Blue and KERR ropes

Official Winch Line of W.E.Rock - Official Recovery Gear for the 2010 and 2011 Griffin King of the Hammers - Official Recovery Gear of Cal Neva Extreme - Official Recovery Gear of Area BFE

Facebook

Many thanks for the support Warn
    Scott Brady
    Overland Journal
    D1 | LJ78 | LR4 | MKIII | J8 | G-Wagen | Range Rover Classic | TE630

Outstanding! Thanks!
    2010 Frontier CC/LB
    2011 Chevy Quigley... company truck.

Thanks for the support, Warn. I'm interested in the M series and VR series differences -- I was planning an M8000 for my Tacoma, but this new line is possibly an option.

Could you explain a bit about the value of contactor control v solenoids?

And thanks for the strong commitment to US manufacturing -- it's important to this buyer, because it's often a strong indication of quality. Of all the operations you noted in your earlier post that are US-based on the VR series, you didn't note "manufacturing". Is this series assembled from US or imported parts? If imported, can you tell us where from?
    Last edited by 4xdog; 05-07-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: minor typos

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast