Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
First off, thanks for thinking of us. We offer a couple of mounting systems for your truck. We offer our Hidden Kit, which looks very stock. But, it sounds like you're looking for something beefier.

Hidden-Kit-for-CHEVY-and-GMC.jpg

We also offer our Trans4mer Mounting System, which is a modular unit that allows you to customize the package the way you want it.

99-Chevy.jpg

The Trans4mer is a mounting system that retains the stock bumper, so I'm not sure we offer something you're looking for.

- Andy

General Automag

Adventurer
Would the Transformer bumper or grill guards, as shown in the second picture, withstand a low-impact deer collision? We're looking for something that will withstand an impact or at least crumple enough to minimize damage on the front clip. Thanks for the reply! :)

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Would the Transformer bumper or grill guards, as shown in the second picture, withstand a low-impact deer collision? We're looking for something that will withstand an impact or at least crumple enough to minimize damage on the front clip. Thanks for the reply! :)

I really can't give you a good answer on that since we don't really test for that kind of thing. I would bet it'd be better than not having it, let's put it that way. They are sturdy units, but not full-on "bumpers," per se. They have a winch carrier and the side supports. You then can accessorize it with the brush guards, light bar, etc.

- Andy

General Automag

Adventurer
First off, thanks for thinking of us. We offer a couple of mounting systems for your truck. We offer our Hidden Kit, which looks very stock. But, it sounds like you're looking for something beefier.

Hidden-Kit-for-CHEVY-and-GMC.jpg

We also offer our Trans4mer Mounting System, which is a modular unit that allows you to customize the package the way you want it.

99-Chevy.jpg

The Trans4mer is a mounting system that retains the stock bumper, so I'm not sure we offer something you're looking for.

- Andy

What's the total weight, without winch, for a complete Trans4mer bumper system?

dddonkey

Adventurer

Not to steal the thread but I have a Chevy 2500HD with the warn Transformer without the headlight guards and this thing is tough, mine also reenforced the fame 12-18 inch's and gives you new tow hooks. I think that it is a great alternative to a full bumper replacement.

Dixie27

GEN II trans4mer for 3rd gen dodge 2500

Any plans to make a Trans4mer Gen II BASE (cradle) kit for a 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel? I see there is a kit for the Sterling but not Dodge.....Will this work on the 2006 2500/3500 frame? I didnt think there were any differences in the 4500/5500 bumper mounts, as these bumpers can be interchanged with each other . My air dam has been removed so it would not interfere. THX.......for the reply

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Any plans to make a Trans4mer Gen II BASE (cradle) kit for a 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel? I see there is a kit for the Sterling but not Dodge.....Will this work on the 2006 2500/3500 frame? I didnt think there were any differences in the 4500/5500 bumper mounts, as these bumpers can be interchanged with each other . My air dam has been removed so it would not interfere. THX.......for the reply

No, we don't have any plans that I'm aware of. It will not work on the '06 2500-3500 frame.

- Andy

ExpoMike

I seriously wish Warn still made the Classic bumper and made it for '94-'01 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 (not sure if the 1500 is the same).

I want a winch bumper that doesn't look like a zombie killing style or weigh 200+ lbs. without the winch. Something that somewhat keeps the stock lines but adds a winch. The Classic series seemed to meet that need.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I seriously wish Warn still made the Classic bumper.

I want a winch bumper that doesn't look like a zombie killing style or weigh 200+ lbs. without the winch.

I agree 100%. I salvaged a slightly abused classic from an early 90s suburban and reworked the mounts to fit my F350. I also angled the ends where they meet the wheel wels for more clearance to tires. I would have gladly bought a new Warn Classic to avoid the 4-5 hours of fab work I had to do.

ExpoMike

I agree 100%. I salvaged a slightly abused classic from an early 90s suburban and reworked the mounts to fit my F350. I also angled the ends where they meet the wheel wels for more clearance to tires. I would have gladly bought a new Warn Classic to avoid the 4-5 hours of fab work I had to do.

I have been keeping an eye out for one but they are rare to find. Figured if I found a full size one I could fab mounts but honestly, I could likely build a replica just as easy as it would be to find one.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
they are rare to find. Figured if I found a full size one I could fab mounts but honestly, I could likely build a replica just as easy as it would be to find one.

This was my plan too. I even had the steel sitting in my driveway. Then along came the classic. Did I mention it came with an 8274 winch as well? Did I mention it was FREE? :sombrero: Some days are winners!

Amen brother, amen! :sombrero:

I seriously wish Warn still made the Classic bumper and made it for '94-'01 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 (not sure if the 1500 is the same).

I want a winch bumper that doesn't look like a zombie killing style or weigh 200+ lbs. without the winch. Something that somewhat keeps the stock lines but adds a winch. The Classic series seemed to meet that need.

gun45boat

Adventurer
""""I do want to note that these winches are designed, engineered, tested, and assembled here in Clackamas, Oregon, too.""""

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for keeping it Domestic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles