Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Expedition Portal would like to thank Warn Industries for supporting our online community through a title sponsorship of the Domestic: Full Size and Other section!

Warn Industries is the world’s most recognized brand in off-road products such as hub locks and vehicle recovery winches. The company designs, manufactures and markets a full line of off-road equipment and accessories that enhance the performance of four-wheel-drive and powersport vehicles. Warn Industries has employees in and around Portland, Ore., Livonia, Mich., and the Netherlands, and has been in business since 1948.

Attachments

• 95cti.jpg
    95cti.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 138
  • Defender_lights_2.jpg
    Defender_lights_2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 8,322
  • Powerplant.jpg
    Powerplant.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 126
  • PremHub2.jpg
    PremHub2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 131
  • PullzAll_cordless_2010_KO.jpg
    PullzAll_cordless_2010_KO.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8,310
  • WinchGroups.jpg
    WinchGroups.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 8,322
Last edited:

ExpoMike

Welcome WARN. I just noticed the change when I logged on moments ago.

If anyone from WARN is checking this, can you give some details on the new winches that have just been released (I think the VR line)? What changes are there, compared to the M series, that allows the lower prices?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Welcome WARN. I just noticed the change when I logged on moments ago.

If anyone from WARN is checking this, can you give some details on the new winches that have just been released (I think the VR line)? What changes are there, compared to the M series, that allows the lower prices?

We're glad to be able to further sponsor this great forum!

As to the VR lineup: These are different than the M-series. They have different motors, different remotes, different finishes, and use solenoids instead of contactors. (The new Ultimate Performance, Heavyweight, and most of the Premiuim line use contactor control now). These changes allow for a lower price point.

I do want to note that these winches are designed, engineered, tested, and assembled here in Clackamas, Oregon, too.

Again, we're glad to be able to sponsor the Full Size forum! We do make a full lineup of hubs, bumpers/mounting systems, and winches for full-size vehicles, too, so be sure to check out www.WARN.com for your full-size truck needs. :D

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
Nicely done, now who do I see about getting something big for the tow rig? :wavey:

-Alex

PS if you see Scoot with the Rover around the Warn compound tell him Alex says hi.

4xdog

Explorer
Thanks for the support, Warn. I'm interested in the M series and VR series differences -- I was planning an M8000 for my Tacoma, but this new line is possibly an option.

Could you explain a bit about the value of contactor control v solenoids?

And thanks for the strong commitment to US manufacturing -- it's important to this buyer, because it's often a strong indication of quality. Of all the operations you noted in your earlier post that are US-based on the VR series, you didn't note "manufacturing". Is this series assembled from US or imported parts? If imported, can you tell us where from?

Last edited:

sapper

Adventurer
Also very interested in the VR series winch for my car trailer. I was considering other brands until I saw the VR winches. I am a die hard Warn Fan and would prefer them over any other brand. I know what I put my old M12000 through and trust the Warn brand to get me home safe.

TKSC01

Adventurer
Thanks WARN!

I think everyone who has ever ventured into the dirt can thank WARN for saving them at one time or another. So THANKS WARN for all the pulls when we needed you and big time thanks for supporting our forum and our expo family!:wings:

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the support, Warn. I'm interested in the M series and VR series differences -- I was planning an M8000 for my Tacoma, but this new line is possibly an option.

Could you explain a bit about the value of contactor control v solenoids?

And thanks for the strong commitment to US manufacturing -- it's important to this buyer, because it's often a strong indication of quality. Of all the operations you noted in your earlier post that are US-based on the VR series, you didn't note "manufacturing". Is this series assembled from US or imported parts? If imported, can you tell us where from?

The WARN VR series winches are not simply bought in China, adorned with a WARN W, and put on shelves. We do source some of the parts from a number of suppliers, we also make some of the parts in-house in Clackamas, OR. The final point of assembly is Clackamas, OR. These winches are on our Oregon assembly lines right now.

To answer the earlier question about solenoids vs. contactors: Since the 1950s, we've been using solenoids. However, there has been a gradual shift to contactor control at WARN. (The PowerPlant has had one since its 2007 introduction, as have our RT/XT powersports winches). The contactors tend to have a longer lifespan, but do cost more when they need replacing. Maintaining solenoid control is one way we've been able to keep the cost of the VR down.

One final note: The VR winches undergo the same same testing practices as our other truck winches, and are covered by the same Limited Lifetime Warranty as our other winches. If they aren't good products, we not going to put our name on them.

Hopefully this answers some questions.

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste