Snorkels

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
There is a warning on the Airflow snorkles that say NOT to ever turn it around cause over 15mph it would cause a vacuum and irreversable engine damage. Just sayin

Pics or documentation necessary... Not saying it isn't possible that Airflow has such a disclaimer, but I don't subscribe to the belief system of 'it's true because I read it on the internet.' How many pics of Dakar racing vehicles have we ever seen with rear facing snorkels blasting through the desert?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
There's no documentation that the statement is true. It's a stupid statement.

Pardon me for bringing this up again Paladin... apparently you neglected to apply the first rule of Oxi-logic. "You cannot prove it or disprove it, therefore it must be true."

There. Done.

vanroth

Observer

Paladin

Banned
Pardon me for bringing this up again Paladin... apparently you neglected to apply the first rule of Oxi-logic. "You cannot prove it or disprove it, therefore it must be true."

There. Done.

You're wearing pink underwear right now.

I can neither prove it, nor disprove it, therefore it must be true!

:coffeedrink:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
I had pics from that night you were.dancing at the shop after the 4 pack of Zima's you pounded... Sorry.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt... so there.

SChandler

Adventurer
I copied this from page 11 (of 16) of the Dodge Power Wagon installation instructions I downloaded from the Airflow America website (http://airflowamerica.com/?page_id=91):
Important note: Do not turn the Air Ram away from the direction of
travel because it will lessen the positive pressure necessary for proper
operation. In extreme situation, at speed above 25km/h (15m/h) a
vacuum may be generated causing irreversible engine damage

I suspect it is a liability statement to avoid a lawsuit in a freak situation.

Last edited:

eric1115

Adventurer
I copied this from page 11 (of 16) of the Dodge Power Wagon installation instructions I downloaded from the Airflow America website (http://airflowamerica.com/?page_id=91):
Important note: Do not turn the Air Ram away from the direction of
travel because it will lessen the positive pressure necessary for proper
operation. In extreme situation, at speed above 25km/h (15m/h) a
vacuum may be generated causing irreversible engine damage

I suspect it is a liability statement to avoid a lawsuit in a freak situation.

Whoa! Better be careful which direction you're facing if parked and idling on a windy day! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles