Jumping Jack Trailer Destroyed...

MrInvisible

... before my wife and I could even take it out for the first time. :Wow1:

Some nitwit teenager was trying to impress his new girlfriend with his driving skills.:smiley_drive:
We acquired it in Nov 2010 new and had reservations for Carpenderia State beach this weekend, which we had to cancel.

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

The adjuster is coming out tomorrow to estimate the damage to house and trailer. I will then clean up the rubble and take a closer look at the damage, but so far I can see that the wiring harness is severed, the front jack collapsed and the metal wings are mangled.

The insurance company seems to be at a loss as to how to appraise the damage, and so am I. Any ideas?

TIA

Randy from Burbank

D

Deleted member 9101

1. Glad you guys are ok
2. Choke the kid who was driving, then slap his girlfriend for dating an idiot
2. Let them buy you another brand spanking new one. (although, its probably fixable since they really are built like a tank)

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
If the crash didn't kill him I probably would have...:ylsmoke:

Sorry for loss...hope the insurance companies do the right thing.

The next thing coming is a lawsuit from the kid for you putting your house and trailer where's he rammin' around...:Wow1:

I agree...shoot for a new one

Good luck, Pat

Toyotero

Explorer
Dude, that sucks.

Copy of the bill of sale? Let them pay for a new one.

Ditto. Perhaps you could contact the seller to get a copy... I'm sure they'll assist since it'll likely result in another sale :)

Depending on the damage and what the insurance considers it to be worth now, it could work out for you to keep it, get a big check for damages, sell the damaged trailer to someone here for more than the salvage value then buy another and have some $$ from the ordeal.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Xrunner

Explorer
I would go for a new one as well... then try to buy back the old salvage one for parts and a fun side project. :D

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the rear axle and suspensions may have been damaged in the impact?

Paladin

Banned
I wouldn't settle for less than a "parts kit" from Jumping Jack to supply all new parts to replace those that are bent. Don't allow them to say "oh, we'll just straighten it out."

But on the bright side, at least he wrecked a really ugly car...

Yeah, no great loss on the destruction of another giant catfish. ;)

Pooch72

Adventurer
That's one of those accidents where you look at it and say, "What in the HELL were you doing? Whatever it was... you were doing it WRONG."

alia176

Explorer
If my daughter brings home a dufus like that, i don't know what i'd do.

Sorry for the loss of your weekend's activities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior