2006 Jeep Unlimited LWB opinions.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
The added interior space and wheelbase is REALLY nice. It makes the unlimited more like an SUV than a jeep.

It would take more than a little added wheel base to make it feel like an SUV. They certainly still feel like a Jeep. They still buck and sway and wander just like any other short wheel base straight axled narrow 4x4, but they are better at 103" than 95". Also my experience with the longer wheel base in the LJ (or my Jeep Cherokee) is it amazingly better than a regular TJ.

outdoors

Observer
The extra room in an LJ makes it a reality to actually have the option to sleep in your Wrangler. Also having the ability to traverse the narower trails
that wider vehicles have problems with.
But the room is an added bonus with the traits of a regular TJ in the bones.
Hill climbs are done with much more ease as well, and keeping the rig straight coming down too, with the longer wheelbase.
The freeway ride is much better then a regular TJ.. I can cruise @ 70mph all day long and not feel like it's a struggle to keep it in a straight line..
When you fight the wind with the longer wheelbase it really shines over the standard TJ. Granted it's still a Jeep though.
Not even close to a "regular" SUV..
If you plan on using the rear seat at all here's something noteworthy, The LJ has 2" of more rear passenger legroom which is a blessing if you have ever had to sit in the back of a regular Jeep CJ,YJ,TJ for more then 15 minutes..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles