Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Conversion

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Serious! Any updates? You are doing a great job! I would love a flat bed! Cant wait to see what the interior turns out like!

teleturns

Adventurer
Lets see.....

I have glued all of the corner flashing pieces on.

I am currently building the door for the propane storage.

Camper windows are getting tinted Thursday and should be installed this weekend.

Edge Star 63qt freezer has been ordered.

Hopefully this weekend the exterior will be 99% complete

I'll post pics this weekend

Last edited:

upndown

Adventurer
teleturns, camper's looking great!! that is going to be a sweet looking rig when you get it done and mounted, HAHA.. like we ever get em done! When your mom decides to upgrade let me know.. I can be there in a few hours with CASH in hand:sombrero:

teleturns

Adventurer
My freezer/fridge arrived today. It is the 63qt Edgestar. Let me tell you....THIS THING IS HUGE! For some reason my spatial assumption of this unit was somewhat smaller. Luckily I pre measured and made sure it would fit. The smaller 43qt has the same height and depth dimensions, it is just slightly narrower.

I plugged it in to 110v and it went from 70 degrees to 35 degrees within 15 minutes. I am happy with my first impressions...hopefully it will serve me for many years to come.

20120411_161331.jpg

20120411_161344.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
I'm curious as to how your handling the seams at the bottom and top where the epanels interface the other materials.

Thanks
-Chris

teleturns

Adventurer
I worked on the propane door over the weekend. Still needs more grinding. I decided not to tint the windows, but I did get the window frames painted.

20120414_191658.jpg

20120415_192702.jpg

20120415_192708.jpg

I didn't get as much work done as planned....powder was calling!

pictest-3.jpg

pictest-2.jpg

xxfullsailxx

Observer
who has powder right now!? our snow pack has gone to hell...i guess we did just get a snow storm, but i'm over this crappy colorado ski-season.

looks pretty good where you're at though! spring conditions?

and is that more aluminum you used for the door?

Ponyracer

Adventurer
Man! Quit your skiing and get back to the garage! Don't you know that's dangerous? How wll you ever finish your camper if your banged up! LOL I usually end up hurt whenever I get on ski's, guess that's just me though lol.

Have you started the layout of the interior yet? 6 months and counting until my skamper rebuild begins! Looking for the best layout possible for 4 people!

teleturns

Adventurer
who has powder right now!? our snow pack has gone to hell...i guess we did just get a snow storm, but i'm over this crappy colorado ski-season.

looks pretty good where you're at though! spring conditions?

and is that more aluminum you used for the door?

Wolf Creek got 16" Saturday night....they reopened for the weekend...so we made the executive decision to make a day trip.

Yeah the door is made out of aluminum....6063 angle and 5053 sheet

teleturns

Adventurer
Man! Quit your skiing and get back to the garage! Don't you know that's dangerous? How wll you ever finish your camper if your banged up! LOL I usually end up hurt whenever I get on ski's, guess that's just me though lol.

Have you started the layout of the interior yet? 6 months and counting until my skamper rebuild begins! Looking for the best layout possible for 4 people!

I have not started the interior layout, but it is all in my head. The camper will be designed for the girlfriend and I so it will just have 2 twin sized beds.

xxfullsailxx

Observer
you know, they make these new ski and binding set ups where you don't have to do lunge's all the way down the mountain...it's new technology in the last 10 years...still let's you free heel up the hill, but then you don't have to flail back down the hill...:sombrero:

just kidding! i give all my bro's that still tele a lot of crap for it...most of them make it look easy too. 16"!?...must have been a good day!

-darin

Nice drop knee...I'm too old, I need to lock the heel. Nice pics of Texas' favorite local ski hill...just kidding! Cali got a late season dump, too. Mammoth is having another "late to start" year and the local hills are still open. Anxious to see the progress on the camper. :sombrero:

teleturns

Adventurer
you know, they make these new ski and binding set ups where you don't have to do lunge's all the way down the mountain...it's new technology in the last 10 years...still let's you free heel up the hill, but then you don't have to flail back down the hill...:sombrero:

just kidding! i give all my bro's that still tele a lot of crap for it...most of them make it look easy too. 16"!?...must have been a good day!

-darin

I think you are referring to Randonee bindings, which I heard Randonee means "CAN'T TELEMARK" in French.:sombrero: The funny thing is I have never downhill skied before and I can't make a downhill turn, so I am screwed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles