2011 Dodge 5500 Super Singles?

dtruzinski

Explorer
Anyone put super singles on a 2011 Dodge 5500? Can you share details? Wheels? Tires? Did you have to lift? What is the bolt pattern and offset? Did you need to add fender flares?

Thanks in advance for any info.

trailshooter

Putting Continental mpt81 335/70 r20 on my 5500 build. These on Hutchinson wheels. Front fenders need to cut away significantly. Will also trim at lease two inches from the body at the forward bottom part of the doors. Once you remove the fender it's a lot easier to see where and how to trim the body. The lift itself won't help much but we will be lifting about 3". Not more. Stock offset was too much resulting in outside or tire track of 96". Bought different adapters from Hutchinson and that brings it to about 92.5".

If you want to keep the turning radius there's more work to do on links and sway bar with this size tire. Smaller tires pose less of a problem. PM me if you'd like to talk further.

Byrdseye

Observer
I'm researching the super singles for my 5500 as well. Any info (and especially pics!) would be appreciated.

dtruzinski

Explorer
My 2012 5500 has arrived and I have an order in at Rickson Wheel for 19.5x7.5. Planning to run 265/70's...camper and bed do not weigh enough to need the 285's. Also the price of these has gone through the roof. Am currently looking at Michelins XDe2+ (g rated, 34.4", 5510 lbs, 10" wide). My stock Continentals are G rated, 32.1", 3970 lbs, 8.7" wide. If you are looking for a steel wheel alternative to duals, check out http://www.ricksontruckwheels.com (ask for Heather)

Byrdseye

Observer
Thanks, I've had 19.5's on three trucks now and with this rig I'm going to go with 20" wheels. I would like to go with the 275/80R20 Conti Mpt81 but it doesn't have the weight carrying capacity I need. I've pretty much settled on the 335/80R20 which is 42" tall and about 14.5" wide. It has the 6765 lb per tire capacity that I need and will bring my stock 4:88 gearing to around 3:73. (that's just about perfect for a Cummins in my experience) The down side is that I think there will be a fair bit of fawking around to get such a huge tire to clear and maintain my turning radius.

dtruzinski

Explorer
Back to 20"

The wheel/tire combo has created more flip-flopping for me than any other decision on the rig. I am back to the 20's. After reading the posts and chatting more with Dan at Rickson, I am coming to the conclusion that the 20's are the right wheels. Now the question becomes: can I get away with 275/80 20 MPT81s (38" and 4600 lbs) or do I have to upgrade to the 335's? I am going to get the current build weighed to see what I am up against.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Bumping an old thread but Byrdseye, what wheels did you end up going with? I am using a 2015 5500 and want to switch to SRW. The camper box will have wheel wells to suit whatever size tire we use so it is just the front I have to worry about. I want to go with the Conti's so wheels and adapters are probably in order, just which ones.
Thanks in advance
Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online