Mauka2Makai - Our Quest Begins...An 80 Series Adventure

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
thanks for the info on the weight; how was the vehicle driving? and gas mileage? hey any info on those antenna mounts will it fit on a 100 series?? keep the post coming

The LC drove extremely well considering its heavier than normal camp/trail capacity. As always a couple quick evasive moves at high speed while on the road to avoid objects or clueless people was expected and handled very well during those situations surprisingly even wi . Though not extreme, The LC handled extremely well considering its weight at Fins and Things at Moab and on the White Rim Trail. Having OME heavy suspension and E rated Cooper ST Maxx contributed to the stability and handling... Love the tires BTW. Never felt tippy or off camber, just heavy as vehicle while on the trail. The I6 is a mule and would best be matched with 4.56 gears with current tire size and weight for those never ending hills. As far as gas mileage... rolling on 285's with all the excess weight we managed a solid 11-13 mpg during the trip. Not sure if the antenna mounts will fit a hundy, I would contact yotaTEQ on mud for confirmation. As with most folks... we always wish we have more free time and mula to get us out there and with the latest and greatest of mods. We'll do our best though.

r3run33

Adventurer
wow you rock! you did all those trails loaded to the gills? Man I wish I could find a 80 series with no rust near me to use; I did reach out to Yota but no response yet on the antenna (it is the holidays so i'm not expecting much right away. Keep the posts coming safe travels :)

1Goat

Makai, well done on your project and thank you very much.
I had an Eezi awn RTT on an off road trailer for years. I know what you mean by feeling uneasy whilst lying over the ladder section. Believe me it can take it! My missus and I camped in Mozambique and were hit by a Cyclone (Hurricane) in the middle of the night. The winds were up to 100mph! We moved our bodies so that the weight was over the ladder section so that we weren't folded up like a sandwich. In the morning not one other tent survived, but ours was 99%. Very little rain came in and we were very impressed.
In 50 degrees C plus (122F) in Mozambique with no shade, it seems to stay pretty cool too as long as one keeps a small gap between the "fly sheet" and main tent roof.
Thanks again and keep 'em coming :)

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
Makai, well done on your project and thank you very much.
I had an Eezi awn RTT on an off road trailer for years. I know what you mean by feeling uneasy whilst lying over the ladder section. Believe me it can take it! My missus and I camped in Mozambique and were hit by a Cyclone (Hurricane) in the middle of the night. The winds were up to 100mph! We moved our bodies so that the weight was over the ladder section so that we weren't folded up like a sandwich. In the morning not one other tent survived, but ours was 99%. Very little rain came in and we were very impressed.
In 50 degrees C plus (122F) in Mozambique with no shade, it seems to stay pretty cool too as long as one keeps a small gap between the "fly sheet" and main tent roof.
Thanks again and keep 'em coming :)

1Goat thanks for the comp... The Eezi-Awn RTT was an amazing tent that we miss very so. We will more than likely continue with ground tents until we find a suitable RTT replacement, one that stows a bit faster and with more ease. Hurricane with 100 mph winds :Wow1: That is testament to EA's quality and durability of a RTT. We're hoping to get caught up with life to be able to get out there soon. Stay tuned

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
well I just went through this entire thread and it has been awesome! To bad u guys dissapeared in Florida. we live in Tampa and would love to connect with you on some trips. Hope you guys are doing well.

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
How has the east coast been treating you? Been out on any adventures lately?

The east coast has been fine... we really miss the west coast and are ready to move back. No camping or vehicle dependent adventures yet... Mostly a lot of beach days and day hikes. Still would like to meet up for something one day.

well I just went through this entire thread and it has been awesome! To bad u guys dissapeared in Florida. we live in Tampa and would love to connect with you on some trips. Hope you guys are doing well.

Thank you... We look back and are just so thankful to have been able to experience all we've done. At some point we do plan to start camping and exploring the back roads of Florida, but for now we are just stuck in a work routine. Funny thing... actually not, we sold our tent. Some point we will be looking for something new. Would be interested in a Meet and Greet with fellow ExPo members and Cruisers in NorFlor region.

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
Beach day at Amelia Island

Would like to introduce our newest family member Ace Makua Hugglepups, he's 6 months old and just the kindest and most loving pup.

Nothing new with the Landcruiser or family vehicle dependent adventures to post... still daily driving and always cruising. :)

We would like to find a nice secluded beach to drive out on and camp that allows dogs out here on the East Coast any ideas?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Glad to see you guys are doing well. I thought you might have gotten sea legs and been eaten by the Bermuda Triangle lol! I am planning a trip up to Ocala in February. I will pm you some details maybe we can hook up the families....wait that doesn't look right lol. I am also planning a central southern Florida loop as well. Tampa down through collier county across the glades then up north and loop back through the ocala national forest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles