Ripped off Portal photo in use on eBay?

unrealtrip

I was looking for a grille guard/bumper for my Dodge when I found this listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-2001-DODGE-RAM-1500-TRUCK-NEW-GRILL-BRUSH-GUARD-/270711171203?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f07a4a883

!B3ycSowEWk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEyN8Lzf8GBMnipH(S2w~~_1.JPG

and in particular I thought I recognized the white Dodge with the camper shell, I forget what forum member's it is, but that photo is being used with a banner over it claiming it is owed by Las Vegas 4x4. If that's you, cool, if not, just thought you might want to know about it. :)

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
been there. my old car was used on ebay as well from a vendor that got my car off a forum. nobody would have noticed if it hadnt been such a recognizable car. my car was totally custom and had sponsored parts. they were selling a cheap knockoff and claimed my car had their parts on it. too bad mine had the real deal parts. my body kit was $1700.00 and they were selling imitation body kits for $400.00

if the owner is on here I suggest he contact the seller and tell them they want the pics removed or you want money for advertisment uses.

Ric

Adventurer
theres a few forums Im on, that this has happened before, and the listing person got OWNED... its pretty funny what happens to the person that stole, the photo.

I had a company, Ill leave his name out of it, took one of my pictures of my old rig, to use on his website, to sell some rock slidders, I sent him a email, and within a few hours, the picture was removed.
The point is, that Im the type, if you ask first, you can have any photos of my rig, and use them for profit, and NO, I dont ask for money, just ask first lol

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
that is what i am saying.. ask and I would have still said no because my car was under a sponsorship agreement for the real deal parts, not inferior cheap parts. but it was so easy to spot my car and this is why.

this is my car's cardomain page... you will see why it was so noticable. just as a heads up, this car definitely was not for everyone..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687592/2006-chrysler-300/page-4

4xdog

Explorer
A friend of mine had immages ripped off from his website and used fraudulently on eBay. The idiots didn't just steal his images, they did it by using a link to his site. He updated the file on his site to show in big letters something like I AM A THIEF! Really funny when that showed up as the thumbnail alongside the listing.

bucketosudz

Explorer
I was looking for a grille guard/bumper for my Dodge when I found this listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-2001-DODGE-RAM-1500-TRUCK-NEW-GRILL-BRUSH-GUARD-/270711171203?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f07a4a883

!B3ycSowEWk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEyN8Lzf8GBMnipH(S2w~~_1.JPG

and in particular I thought I recognized the white Dodge with the camper shell, I forget what forum member's it is, but that photo is being used with a banner over it claiming it is owed by Las Vegas 4x4. If that's you, cool, if not, just thought you might want to know about it. :)

That is Quasimoto's Rig and he is from Whitecourt, AB Canada!

Post#422 in the "Lets see some full size pictures..." thread.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...dge#post613094

Will PM him the link.

Quasimoto

Observer
Oh-well, I guess it is flattering that they would choose to use one of the photos of my truck. (To bad they didn't use one of the more recent ones)

I can't get mad, because I have placed photos into public websites for anyone to access, that is the chance everyone takes when using the internet.
The only thing that gets me about that ad and others like it is, if you are selling a product show pictures of it on the matching year vehicles, they are selling a grill guard for a second gen Ram but 3 out of 4 pictures are 3rd gen Rams.

Ram1Apr222011.jpg

Last edited:

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Must be a internet company only.
no website...and I lived in Vegas for 10 years and never saw a Las Vegas 4x4 company

Ric

Adventurer
from my understanding, and I could be wrong, but it doesnt matter where, they got the pic, if they dont have permission, to use the photo, they cant.

Its the same thing as stealing, and they are using it to make a profit, just bad KARMA

brained

Adventurer
from my understanding, and I could be wrong, but it doesnt matter where, they got the pic, if they dont have permission, to use the photo, they shouldn't.

Its the same thing as stealing, and they are using it to make a profit, just bad KARMA

Fixed that for you

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I had a guy steal my image on ebay as well, he was selling FSM CD's.

Asked him to take it down, he never responded.

4xdog

Explorer
eBay might take down the listing if people complain about the listing, especially the copyright owner of hte original photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles