Locked and Loaded

mick968

Observer
Just picked up Rover(97 D1) after shop finished install of ARB in front(as well as RoverTracks HD axles/CV's).Need to go wheeling soon to get feel for how it works.Traction front and rear so about the only thing left is my off road driving skill.Looking forward to tuning that up at National Rally.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
since this is an expedition site, come on ober to NC for a little tight trail mud and rocks- we'll get you muddy!! Also, a nice small group headed to Windrock next w/e in eastern Tn, about 4 hours closer...

franko

Observer
tell us more about said truck, what size tires you running? and did you rear gear the diffs well you had it all apart? I have heard that those rovertrack axles will with stand a lot of abuse up to a 35inch tire.

mick968

Observer
Info

tell us more about said truck, what size tires you running? and did you rear gear the diffs well you had it all apart? I have heard that those rovertrack axles will with stand a lot of abuse up to a 35inch tire.

97 D1 SE7-2"OME plus 1/2 spacers and spring iso's(so about 2.5"depending on load).Did a little trimming to fit 285/75/16 Cooper STT's on OK Offroad 8" black steelies.RTE HD steering,ARB lockers,GBR rear HD axles,Rovertracks HD rear links,Rovertracks HD front axles/cv's.Rockstar sliders and bumps,Ramsey winch,SD rack. Too much to list. Always doing something to it part of the fun no daily driver,just a toy some pics in my album

Attachments

• Disco.jpg
    Disco.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 131

mick968

Observer
Got The Shaft!

wow she is very nice. BTW did u ever get the rear driveshaft.

I wouldn't describe it as nice(but great platform for fun) Yes(shaft) sorry should have let you know(received-all good)(got 4 bolt flange as well off same thread on Dweb) should have had it installed while they were setting up locker but I will do that when I get time. Thanks

Green96D1

Explorer
I wouldn't describe it as nice(but great platform for fun) Yes(shaft) sorry should have let you know(received-all good)(got 4 bolt flange as well off same thread on Dweb) should have had it installed while they were setting up locker but I will do that when I get time. Thanks

very good to hear Mick:victory:

You'll love it.

My '94 - Detroit rear / TT front / Auto trans w/ 4.10s is completely no-thought required off-road...just point & drive.

As long as you're headed to Breckenridge, you may as well hit Moab. It's practically in the neighborhood!

mick968

Observer
You'll love it.

My '94 - Detroit rear / TT front / Auto trans w/ 4.10s is completely no-thought required off-road...just point & drive.

As long as you're headed to Breckenridge, you may as well hit Moab. It's practically in the neighborhood!

Yeah,I've had the ARB in rear for a while.I called it the "magic button".Not sure I want to dumb it down too much(danger in that) but I don't get to off road enough to be(really) any good at it.

We were out in Moab last fall(2010 NLRR).Great time.I have to be honest.I like Colorado more.We fly fish as well so the scenario's in Colorado are easier to combine that (plus 10 hr's less driving round trip from St.Louis).With that said I'm sure we will be back out in Moab at Rally next year.

11b4v

Adventurer
In regards to offroad skill, Ive always found that approach angle and the right amount of pedal will get you through most places. If not, hopefully that winch of yours will get you out any 'stuck' you've discovered.

You've got that truck set up very nice. Good job.

mick968

Observer
Skill

Thanks on truck(had a lot of help/consulting on how to set up) Yeah,no doubt there is something to be said about skill/experience(and confidence) out there.See it every year at Rally where someone with less capable vehicle makes it look easy because of their skill/technique.(I get better every year as well)

ColoDisco

Explorer
If you want to hook up and do some wheeling in CO just let me know. The group I 4 wheel with always has runs going on.

mick968

Observer
Ratio

What gear ratio are you funning 4:10's?

Still running 3.54's Thought about going to 4.10's when did front locker install but don't drive it much on street and when(off road) in DL low doesn't seem to be issue (of course I don't have anything to compare to).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles