Super modified KJ with AT

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
For those of you who are Liberty fans, we just thought you'd like to see what can be done with a KJ. This KJ has an Nth Degree long arm kit. The rig belongs to Seth of ARB.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
I like the straight axle stuffed under the Liberty. Something I thought I would see alot more of. Though I have not. This looks to be a very nice set-up. Two tents??

articulate

Expedition Leader
Dirty Harry said:
Does he have a roof top tent on the KJ and the trailer?
RunninRubicon said:
Two tents??

My theory is still in the testing stages, however, a roof top tent appears to be the one thing in a happy young married couple's life that has a direct reversing effect on birth control. :oops:

I find two reasons for two tents:
1. If you have some bambinos, they'll enjoy their own tent
2. If you don't want anymore bambinos, get a pair of his-n-hers roof top tents

98roamer

Explorer
RunninRubicon said:
I like the straight axle stuffed under the Liberty. Something I thought I would see alot more of. Though I have not. This looks to be a very nice set-up. Two tents??

From what I have read, it's very difficult to SAS on a Liberty.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
98roomer said:
From what I have read, it's very difficult to SAS on a Liberty.
So I understand. It's too bad that it is. I'd love to see more of these on the trail. I'd consider one for my spouse. Just to give the FJ/H3:wings: guys something to grind their teeth on.

wADVr

Adventurer
Pretty sweet setup other than having a really high COG. Worked pretty well, one concern I had after seeing it was tree clearance with the roof top tent. It took a beating.
IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9455.jpg

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Some day....some day....like in 6 years I may have that done to mine...

There is another gent out there in Cali who has an SFA KJ with an adventure trailer...it's all in Camo paint too...pretty cool though...I'll find a pic and BRB...

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
2006KJSPORT4x4 said:
Some day....some day....like in 6 years I may have that done to mine...

There is another gent out there in Cali who has an SFA KJ with an adventure trailer...it's all in Camo paint too...pretty cool though...I'll find a pic and BRB...

We'd like to see that! ....I would anyway!

gillti

Adventurer
Hijack on:

Back to the two tent discussion: I've been running two tents for a few months now. Since we have 3 monkeez that travel with us (10mo, 3, and 5 years) the two tents is a must. When we jacknife the AT and the vehicle it creates a little "condo plus living room" (see pic)

It does bring the COG pretty high, but with the little ones, we aren't attacking crazy rockcrawling stuff anyway. It took a while for the kids to get used to sleeping up in the tent without either me or my wife, but now, the two older ones' wouldn't have it any other way. Can't wait for the last one to become mobile and take his rightful place with his brother and sister!!!!

Hijack off:

Sweet liberty. looks like fun!:wings:

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
gillti said:
Back to the two tent discussion: I've been running two tents for a few months now. Since we have 3 monkeez that travel with us (10mo, 3, and 5 years) the two tents is a must.

The kids can't sleep on the ground? Always worked for me (and still does!). If you have got the means than more power to you! I am just jealous I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier