Sun Juan Area Exploration

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
Good to know there are more dads that get their special needs kiddos out for some wilderness therapy.

Here is my son who also has autism:

Kevin

Thanks for the note and pic.... Its one of the best things we do for him and he looks forward to the trip all year. We are headed back to Ouray at the end of June 2012 and he is already talking about. Hope all goes well with your son and keep in touch.

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
Hi all, our 2012 trip starts in just under a week, so excited. We get busy during the trip but as I have time I will post some of the more special pictures. Unfortunately we had to sell our fancy Jeep and trailer but thankfully we were able to get a new ('99 4 cyl) TJ and can still go on our trip. More pic's and wrote up to come.

mph

Expedition Leader
[

We r headed there tomorrow...be all over...driving a white lc with 2 bikes on the top...should be in the silverton area by Sunday...

QUOTE=Adventure Jeep;1130937]Hi all, our 2012 trip starts in just under a week, so excited. We get busy during the trip but as I have time I will post some of the more special pictures. Unfortunately we had to sell our fancy Jeep and trailer but thankfully we were able to get a new ('99 4 cyl) TJ and can still go on our trip. More pic's and wrote up to come.[/QUOTE]

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
How easy would it be to cross from Silverton to Ophir with a trailer, we need to cross on our way to Moab!

I know is an easy trail, and most people use it from west to east!

We will be there the 2nd week of July!

Thanks for the comments!

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
During our trip last year a small fire started between Ouray and Silverton and while I hated to see it start it was very interesting to watch the Forest Service and BLM fight the fire and thankfully very quickly get it put out.
20130702_182135.jpg
20130702_182103.jpg
DSC03669.jpg

I thought this moth was pretty cool and worth a picture…. Then the next night we came across this beetle. No matter where you look there is always something more to see and explore.
20130703_095225.jpg
20130709_223741.jpg

We run Poughkeepsie a few times each year, it's really the only trail the I know of in the immediate area that can prove challenging to a mildly build 4x4… This year it actually did. One of us got high centered and needed a quick tug.
20130706_170752.jpg

I hear they made a bypass around the wall last September so we'll see how the trail changes
20130706_164725.jpg

Swimming in the Animas River…. The best!
20130706_143902.jpg

And last but not least I have to give props to Dave and Deborah the owners of the Ouray KOA… Great people with a great property. We have always stayed there in our motorhome but things change so we stayed in one of their deluxe cabins… WOW is all I can say.
DSC03765.jpg
http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/

And do yourself a favor and stop in for the Friday and Saturday night BBQ and live music.
20130629_184927.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles