Sun Juan Area Exploration

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
My family, friends and I go to the San Juan’s every year and spend as much time out of town as possible. I noticed a few people were heading that way so I thought I’d post some pictures of our trips. We are heading back the end of June thru July ????.... As long as I can possibly stay.

These Pictures were taken early August 2005
Yankee Boy Basin

This little waterfall is just south of the Imogene trail near Yankee Boy

Amphitheater above Ouray

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
June / July 2007

A New friend off Imogene

New transportation.

Toward Ptarmigan Lake, Lots of snow in 2007

Bridal Falls

Can’t pass on the Durango / Silverton trains

From Engineer looking back toward Mineral Point and beyond

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
2009 June / July

I have been posting the approximate dates the pictures were taken so people can get an idea of the difference in snow cover from year to year.

Optional and sometimes preferred transportation

Picayne Gulch remnants

Lake Como and Poughkeepsie still closed

Miners board house about the Old 100

Mr. D

Adventurer
nice pics thanks for sharing
I have family in Pagosa Springs and Durango so I try to get their at least once a year.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
That area has been like a magnet for me each mid summer, nice to see more of the snowpack hanging around over the last several years, though it has meant pushing my trips up there slightly later into July in order for me to catch complete rides over the highest passes. Always hoping that makes for better wildflower seasons.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Great Pictures

I already have my reservations made for late July.:wings: Staying at Ampitheater.:victory: My brother and his family will be joining us.

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
That area has been like a magnet for me each mid summer, nice to see more of the snowpack hanging around over the last several years, though it has meant pushing my trips up there slightly later into July in order for me to catch complete rides over the highest passes. Always hoping that makes for better wildflower seasons.

I love the Blazer Chalet... It's one of the vehicles on my list.

Raw7s

Adventurer
picture1791.jpg

thats you? I found that picture a long time ago and have had it as my background! HAHA

amazing shot!

Adventure Jeep

Adventurer
H3 Pic

thats you? I found that picture a long time ago and have had it as my background! HAHA

amazing shot!

I liked my H3, picked it up in May o5 (it was a very early build) and drove straight to Moab, then Silverton / Ouray in August. It was very capable and comfortable.

Do you still have yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke