Parts suppliers

Wallygator

Adventurer
I have searched and tried some of the parts suppliers I found with no luck as to what I need for my 1967 M416 I just picked up. I need the c-clamps and bushings for the leaf springs. Anyone have a supplier for these things that is still in business or will answer their phone or emails? Also my drain plugs are rusted out. Should I attempt to rebuild them or just weld a patch over the hole and drill little drain holes? I don't know how hard it will be to repair them but on one of them the cage is rusted off. I don't weld. So that doesn't help me.

Also the trailer will be used as a general utility trailer from hauling wood to carrying all the camping supplies to the campground. I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma for a tow vehicle. Any suggestions as to whether or not I should wire it for brakes or not? Also any suggestions for an axle supplier that would have the matching hubs in the bolt pattern of my truck?

I know this is a lot of questions guys but where I live there are not many trailer stores. In fact there is one someone recommended and they couldn't help me. Not even worth a try at the other one. An there isn't a thread on the with all this information so newbs like me didn't have to spend hours and hours trying to find the information. I'm lazy I guess to a point. :sombrero: So thank you ahead of time for any answers to my questions. :)

Wallygator

Adventurer
Been a while but thank you for your reply above. I was able to find a lot of info here.....http://web.g503.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18
But they frown on any modification of these things from stock and will not help here. I can understand why but that does not help me. So...

I'm not sure how to proceed with this trailer? I'm pretty handy to a point but lack a lot of knowledge on these trailers. Or any trailer for that matter. Also I don't want to spend a bunch of money with trial and error type engineering. In fact I would like to use as many stock parts as I can to save money on this because the RTT is going to be a big hit for me. (single dad with two kids). I also want to keep this as simple and as cheap as possible without sacrificing quality. I'm pretty sure I have narrowed down the goals of this build. Here they are...

1. will keep the stock spring configuration and layout. Unless I have to change it? I now have the part numbers and suppliers needed to restore this thing to original. But...
2. want to get hubs with the same bolt pattern as my TV (2011 Tacoma). I don't even know where to start with this. Do I need a new axle or can I use the stock axle somehow? And just get the hubs (brake assemblies) and where to get them? Also if I need to get a new axle I have no clue how to proceed with getting what I need?
3. want to keep the parking brake ability because this will have a RTT and the trailer will be detached from the vehicle while camping. Should I go for trailer brakes as well? If I get a new axle, is there a manufacturer that sells one with trailer brakes and a parking brake?
4. LED lighting throughout. Suggestions?

So it seems like the main problem now is the axle and what to do there? I have to get this trailer and all the parts to a sandblaster yet so I am still in the planning stages here. I have been disassembling it here and there. Hopefully I can get this all done by the end of summer. We will see as time seems to be hard to find these days. Any help is greatly appreciated. :camping:

southpier

Expedition Leader
not much help in the technical department, but think you've got yourself a good project going. if you continue to keep the improvements going but adhere to "stock" parts, or at least hang on to the ones removed, resale might be greater since your referenced website was a military group.

the kids will have a lifetime of memories when it's finished and put into action

I used the stock axle to retain the parking break. Replacing the springs and shocks gave me enough room to run 33" to match the TJ (gained 3" over the worn out packs).

To match the lug pattern of the Jeep TJ I went with spacers. Glad I did, because we have a JK now so new spacers is all i need not another axle swap.

You can get kits and parts to replace/fix the drain plugs relatively cheep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier