Importing a trailer Canada

kmaser

Observer
I am looking at an Australian manufactured trailer that was imported to the US and is currently registered there. Has anybody imported one of these successfully to Canada ? I have seen a conqueror trailer in Canada before with Canadian plates and there are no dealers in Canada and was wondering if anybody knows how they were brought in ?

Thanks

Kurtis

XJBANKER

Explorer
I think that the biggest concern is not if it was registered in the US, but is Canada is ok with it there. i would reccomend getting in touch with customs to see what they are looking for or require, even show them the exact trailer and see what they say. Then you might have a contact person to work with in customs if something goes wrong. I know that there were some big issues getting one of the Conquerors across the border. Also there was a Conqueror dealer i believe in Novia Scotia for a while.

Shortbuss

Hey check out Kamparoo, bought one last year and it has been a great trailer. he is out of Alberta. If you are really interested let me know as I may be selling mine. I am in Kamloops BC.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
According to section 2 of the registar, if the vehicle was registered in the USA the following applies:

- All trailers and trucks manufactured BEFORE September 1, 2007 are admissible.

- All trailers with a GVWR 4536 kg or less are admissible.

racingjason

Adventurer
I am one of the guys that brought a Conqueror into Canada (thanks to Andy for blazing the trail) and I am helping someone through the process right now. It does not matter if the trailer has been in the US, what matters is that you can get documentation to prove that it meets US or Canada Motor Vehicle Standards and that the VIN number is in the right (North American) format or can be translated into the format by the manufacturer. You then need a letter from Transport Canada to prove compliance to Customs. Drop me PM and I can give you the scoop. From what I hear, Transport Canada seems to be the problem right now.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz