JK Fridge Mounting

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Ok here are my pics. A little info, I had a cabinet maker friend build this for me but he made me design it. I used the rear cargo liner mat that came with the jeep from the factory as a templet. I modified the front (near the tailgate) to square it off and have more space. I pulled all the carpet, scrapped off all that toothpaste looking body filler epoxy junk under the carpet, and dynomat'ed the entire back of the jeep up to the drivers seats (then I ran out of dynomat). I started with a plywood base that would mount to the jeep using the 4 factory tie down bolt holes. I measured for the ARB 50 and decided I wanted a drawer in the left over area to store all my misc items I carry all the time. I wanted the drawer the same hight as the ARB so I could still lay lighter items across the drawer and the fridge. The top of the drawer has a platform that covers the drivers side fender well and is contoured around the roll bar. This gives me a kind of hidden cubby I can access by folding down the rear seat. Once built, I sprayed the entire unit in Dupli-color black bed liner. I did not want the fridge on a roller but wanted it secured so I went to Mac's tiedowns and ordered their Versa track kit, bolted it to the base and strapped the fridge down.
photo-20.jpgphoto-21.jpgphoto-19.jpg
Hope this helps

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Mine is nothing special, but here is my ARB mounted on the passenger side of my JK. It blocks the sub but it doesn't seem to hurt the sound at all. I am considering building a box step and adding the slid rail system too.

img_6939.jpg

img_4821.jpg

ColinJ

I've been having a really hard time deciding how I want to do this..

I'm thinking a similar setup to what TrailFrog and shown. I'm looking for a setup that I can remove from the Jeep for the months the jeeps performs more daily duties than trail.

On this forum there was also a very nice setup where someone removed the smaller backseat and replaced it with the fridge. This deleted a seat but might be useful for some people. I know the second I remove a seat I'll need it..

dp7197

Adventurer
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...orage-system?p=1160203&highlight=#post1160203

Post #776 is my JK.

I had pieces of aluminum bent up to hold everything and when done my ARB fridge would barely clear my my rear window, but was too high. I since put the larger pice of aluminum in my Bantam trailer over the spare to give me room to store things on top. (Would sell the aluminum if anyone is interested).

I now mount the smaller 4" tall piece in the back of the JK which allows the folding table to slide in and have the fridge and the ARB slide on top.

I think the better set up would be to fold my 2/3 section of rear seat down and have the fridge further forward if I want to fill up the back. My Pelican cases (3) are heavy and will fit in the top box if need be. It just makes the aluminum flex down on the table.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have a Hella plug I got form Powerlet. Its wired to the battery through a fuse... Would on my Tow door, Worked on my Rover, Works on my four door. If I add any other electrical items in the jeep I will get a fuse box.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
I currently have mine pluged into the 12v outlet in the center console I heard this is the best one to use. I did get a blue sea fuse block that I plan on mounting and adding some LED lights to the rear cargo area that will be wired and switched off of that as well.

dp7197

Adventurer
My three Pelican case actually fit in the top box, so I removed the lowest box to lower the whole assembly down. Lowering it also allows me to have my Powertank on my driver's side rollbar. I may move the fridge to the rear seat position to get my larger aluminum box to the back. It works nice for securing the larger boxes.

I use the ARB wiring kit direct to my battery.

Attachments

• 260.jpg
    260.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

moto-treks

On the road
Great info here! Just ordered my ARB 50 and will need to start thinking about how to mount it up in my JKUR

Viperus

Wanted to keep the storage under the fridge so here my solution with a homemade fridge slide, just got to work out a good lock for it :)

IMG_9442.jpg

Last edited:

LandRoverHyter

Adventurer
I'm sad to say I haven't don't anything as far as a permeant solution for mounting my indel b
This is how it's been riding since our trip to Moab in march. This works really well for us as we don't need the extra seat and my wife is able to access the fridge while I drive which is almost a must having a 17 month old son.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371150017.293074.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371150033.099196.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371150049.201317.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371150201.648149.jpg

dsy

Adventurer
Took out that 1/2 seat in the rear and mounted my fridge there years ago. Its still there and have never missed the seat it replaced. Best part is my co-pilot or rear passengers being able to access the fridge while were rolling. Also the height is perfect to be able to reach in by opening the door or just the window.
Doug

fridgesideq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles