Birth of My Kimberley Karavan

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
The Schedule

The Karavan is now through customs and unloaded in a secure area North of Long Beach. :sombrero:

I am driving over on Thursday, 7/21 and picking it up on Friday 7/22. I will be towing it to my hotel and getting the training there. Then if there is interest, I can stay around on Saturday if local folks want to come check it out.

If there is interest, I will hang out Saturday so people can check it out. If not much interest then I will drive back home on Saturday.

What say you local So Cal folks?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
:(

have fun.....

coming East soon??:ylsmoke:

Thanks.

Not in the plan to head East soon. Right now my day job is kicking my booty. I'll be lucky if I can just take this new toy up the local mountains for a weekend.

I expect I'll do a couple local So AZ trips to break it in and figure it all out. Then the first decent trip will be Colorado or Southern Utah depending on the time of year.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Probably a couple weeks after getting her home. I need to install the roof A/C and the inverter since I sourced those locally.

Guessing mid-August sometime we can have a show and tell. :elkgrin:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Arrival home

The Karavan safely made is journey North to long Beach. I found it waiting patiently for me in the warehouse.

(cell pic)
i-CTcj5Bz-L.jpg

After towing back to our hotel Bruce spent about 3 hours training me on how everything worked.
i-68pNXM3-L.jpg

i-W4xZ7XV-L.jpg

The next day I towed it back home to Tucson.

Hey, there's something following me. :Wow1:
i-9fXPfjM-XL.jpg

Cell pic of arrival home. :wings:
i-prdM5Mw-L.jpg

Setting it up and getting to know it better yesterday.
i-zq3Twnm-L.jpg

i-56qVCPW-L.jpg

Everything works perfectly. This thing is one amazing piece of engineering. Now I just have to install the A/C, inverter and pick up the propane bottle, 30amp electrical cord and I'll be good to go.

With 160 watts of solar it's nice to see the batteries getting 2-3 amp charge even with the fridge, all the lights and radio being powered.

I'm looking forward to taking this out and playing in the sticks. Now I need to find the time off work. :-(

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
If you just absolutely can't wait to get it out in the sticks, let me know. I'll swing by and pick it up and let you know how it does . . . :coffeedrink:

Seriously though - it looks great! I hope to see it out in the dirt soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94