MAXTRAX vs Smittybilt Element traction devices

dcoy

Adventurer
Did you try the "Click Here to Order" button on the main page? It let me add one to my shopping cart, anyway…

A.

Doesn't put anything in the cart when I "Click". I'll have to try from home. The "cybernazis" at work may be blocking internet functionality.

I just bought a pair from www.alphaexpedition.com last week. They shipped out the day I ordered them.

Wow! Already listed as sold out on their site.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I got an email from the manager of maxtrax USA today and he said they have safety orange in stock (because that's what I asked about) but they were out of the mounting pins until early December..(because I asked about those as well..).. When I was on the site it allowed me to put them in my cart as well, and the items that were out of stock show that on the site..

Chazz Layne

Administrator
It comes down to fixed vs. rigid... and on that note I'd love to see some (thorough) testing done on rigid boards vs. foldable/flexible boards.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Why would they be apples and oranges? Go treads are tractions boards, as well as maxtrax are.

You're surely not going to bridge ruts, holes or washouts with those... and that is the bulk of my experience needing a traction device period. I spent a night in a swamp with 1 dozen Maxtrax (we never did find one)... with your device, we'd honestly still be there. Apples and oranges.

Don't get me wrong, they could be great for the needs of many... I just don't see them replacing Maxtrax or similar based on my experience using them in different environs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles