MAXTRAX vs Smittybilt Element traction devices

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Thanks for putting this together.. but unfortunately I'm on the east coast. I can get a pait for $296 shipped.

Shipping is a killer. As we stock them, we are paying both shipping to us and shipping to the end user.

Those prices seem really reasonable, Kurt. 'Preciate it!
I'm local and am interested.

Cool.

Problem #1, Maxtrax has zero US inventory. They are working on a solution for that currently. I'll keep you updated just as soon as I hear back.

beverly

null
Is there a MAXTRAX "Arctic" edition? I thought I saw it somewhere, it has different plastic that is more friendly to cold environment. I'd be interested in a group buy either way. The Arctic ones would just be cool as most of my use would be during winter time.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Is there a MAXTRAX "Arctic" edition? I thought I saw it somewhere, it has different plastic that is more friendly to cold environment. I'd be interested in a group buy either way. The Arctic ones would just be cool as most of my use would be during winter time.
I heard that somewhere, too. The blue ones are supposedly a "winter formulation".

Jason

skivan

bumping the thread here…

would be interested in the GB and especially a cold version. my primary use would be a winter road that often drifts in.

java

Expedition Leader
FWIW, I have used mine in the snow under a 20k+ pound RV with no issues. Standard orange ones. They did go completely flat.... but came back

dcoy

Adventurer
Maxtrax has zero US inventory

Also I've noted that Outback Proven's (thought they were the US distributor for Maxtrax) website is also down. Has anyone heard from Ben? I regret not buying the last pair he had at Overland Expo just because I wanted a different color.

stevenboise

Observer
Great stuff on this thread

Just found this thread while researching the MaxTrax vs "anything" else. Great thread and research by so many people here. Thanks for all that. I'm in Boise and would be interested in this GB, if/when it happens. I'm in no rush as we have about a 5 month time line before we would start to really, really have to have something. So, I will keep checking back to this thread for news of a GB. We visit SLC, and Utah in general, a couple times a year so picking them up at your shop shouldn't be an issue, depending on the timing.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Also I've noted that Outback Proven's (thought they were the US distributor for Maxtrax) website is also down. Has anyone heard from Ben? I regret not buying the last pair he had at Overland Expo just because I wanted a different color.

Yup, had lunch with him yesterday in fact. Outback Proven is no longer in business. TBD if there is going to be a new Maxtrax dealer we are working with in the future.

dcoy

Adventurer
Yup, had lunch with him yesterday in fact. Outback Proven is no longer in business. TBD if there is going to be a new Maxtrax dealer we are working with in the future.

Also made contact with Ben by email. The stateside Kaymar distributorship is also up in the air. Too bad that Maxtrax generated a following here for something you now can't get. I assume people are buying Maxtrax knockoffs 'cause they have no choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles