Painted to match bumpers?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Expo,

I'm still unsure how I feel about this, the 4Runner is currently setup with black front and rear bumpers. The front is the stock ARB black and the rear is a rattle can satin to somewhat match the ARB.
P3130710.jpg

The reason this question comes up is because I have to repaint my rear where a few chips are missing from this and that (mostly where the surface wasn't prepped enough and the primer lost hold). I have leftover paint from when I painted my M416 but it's not an exact match (I used the vehicle paint code but there were 7 or so variations for that code), the end result was about 2 shades darker.
e5d4c249.jpg

b9dd7e24.jpg

8f2ece2a.jpg

0a9d0712.jpg

P1053841.jpg

So my options are to repaint both black buying more paint, repaint both with a closer match and buying more paint, or just painting it slightly darker and getting that "I tired to match it up look and wasn't able to" look.

Thoughts "I promise I'm really not that guy"

A

C-Fish

Adventurer
Use the existing paint for the bumpers and the wheels [hopefully not powder-coated]. :victory:

That will tie in everything to the trailer...:smiley_drive:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
So far so good, the color is closer o n the vehicle than I though and not actually darker like it turned out on the M416. So I painted the ARB, Rear bumper panels and lower mud guards. I feel it turned out well, no shots of the ARB because it did not come home with me and is waiting on bumper bracket body lift adjustments.

85e312a6.jpg

b1011c3d.jpg

Aaron

cronk

Observer
It turned out great! I like the paint matched look. Nice touch matching the trailer rims to the truck too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles