Another OzTent Groupie

hoser

Explorer
Bluejeep, from what I've read, the deluxe screen room is like a 2nd tent except it doesn't set-up up as easily as the main Oztent. The 30 second tent becomes the 10 or 15 minute tent.

bluejeep

just a guy
Bluejeep, from what I've read, the deluxe screen room is like a 2nd tent except it doesn't set-up up as easily as the main Oztent. The 30 second tent becomes the 10 or 15 minute tent.

Yes it's a separate standalone unit. It can be positioned under the oztent front awning to support the center (helps with rain runoff) as well as extend the living quarters. I'm thinking the time to set it up is comparable to the time it takes to setup the peaked or std side walls.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I'm an OzTent convert too...

RV-2 with rain fly, side panels and front panel - the fly is very handy when it's hot and you want the windows open. Endured a nasty thunderstorm with gusting winds much better than my neighbors parasail, er, tent.
CIMG1098.jpg

Truck under the fly of the front panel giving me access to the bed and fridge.
CIMG1102.jpg

View into the screen room and tent area.
CIMG1105.jpg

Agreed that the tent is easy to put up but the accessory attachments are time consuming; for overnights I'll stick with just the RV-2 and I'll only use the accessory panels if I plan on staying in a location for a couple days. Overall I'm very happy with this shelter system.

Last edited:

discodisco

Observer
I also have an OZ tent RV-2 with the deluxe side room. We love it with the kids or with out. If we the toddlers we can set up the 30 second main portion of the tent and then it acts like a play area for them. With two toddlers (one being high functioning autistic) it is nice to set up rest of the camp including the deluxe set up. When we don't bring the kids we just set up the poles for the awning and not the room.

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
Another RTT to Oz Convert

We just used our RV3 over the past weekend. Even with torrential thunderstorms that put away all the other tents in the area we stayed dry and compleetly comfortable. Pack up was also a breeze after brushing off most of the water from the rain. The next day I was able to easily open up and let dry out so that it didnt start to mildew.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
So, did anyone figured out how to replace broken plastic joints on this tent?
The last trip 2 joint broke and looking at them it's going to be a a pain in the ..!

Honu

lost on the mainland
The last trip 2 joint broke and looking at them it's going to be a a pain in the ..!

is the plastic joint in a certain size or all of the oztents ?

I get mixed replies on another forum that some say its only the 2 that has the plastic and others say its all ? any ideas

TangoBlue

American Adventurist

Did you call Randy at OzTent USA for advice? I think I responded to that earlier thread with a an email address and toll free number. Randy and Kim have always provided GREAT customer support.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Poor cell phone pic but probably one of the best camp sites I've ever had... RV2, Lake Cowichan, Vancouver Island, BC

IMAG0037.jpg

Last edited:

spikemd

Explorer
Nice tent. I have seen the OZ tent a few times online.

Just curious, why did you choose an OZTENT over a roof-top tent? My worry about the OZTENT in the west is adequate anchor points. The sierras and Moab can have really hard ground making staking out the tent difficult.

I do like the vestibule and tarp that increases usable space tremendously. Nice to have so much covered space.

If you have never been out west to Moab, it will blow you away. So beautiful and so much to explore.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Just curious, why did you choose an OZTENT over a roof-top tent? My worry about the OZTENT in the west is adequate anchor points. The sierras and Moab can have really hard ground making staking out the tent difficult.

For me, drag, weight, and power (lack of). All that volume above the truck, weight increasing the COG, and my 4 cylinder would make an unhappy combination. My style of travel usually has me in place for a couple days allowing me a nearly empty vehicle for wheeling. If I'm on the move I can erect the "30 second" tent and set-up and pack-up in the AM. Since it has an internal frame you don't necessarily have to stake out the tent although I haven't been presented with the "too hard ground" scenario yet. I also like the comfort of being able to stand in the tent as I'm not all that flexible anymore...

D

Deleted member 9101

I would hope that a tent in that price range can withstand a sustained wind of 40mph and gusts in the 50-60mph range. And where out west do you plan on taking that cute suv? There are miles of easy trails in Southern Utah that offer great scenery and camping, still cool enough to enjoy it too.

I'd take his MB over 99% of the trucks on here.. at least his is practical. :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior